Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Door mirror squeaks when opening and closing
« Last post by Spodric on April 08, 2024, 09:44:05 AM »
My Jazz had the passenger mirror motor replaced under warranty, when it was almost 3 years old,

Seems to be a common fault.

Another wasted day I won't get back. The Mk4 has had more problems than the ultra-reliable Mk2 it replaced. The latest being the brake simulator failure. 

Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Spodric on April 08, 2024, 09:33:09 AM »
Update:

Last Wednesday, my Jazz was towed by the AA (front wheels raised on a dolly) to Bath Honda. Booked in their workshop for Thursday, to investigate the brake issue. On thursday, I had to keep phoning their service department until finally they told me that the "brake simulator set" needs replacing. They started quoting me the repair cost @£1800 until I reminded them that I was still covered by the 5 year extended warranty they sold me (that they should have noticed from their own computer records). Numpties.

On Friday, Bath Honda phoned to say that the repair had been authorised (under warranty) and the part ordered, with an estimated 72 hour delivery time. The inference being the part is being couriered via air freight from Japan. It should arrive at Bath Honda by the middle of this week. My Jazz should be fixed by the end of this week. Fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, I had to extend the hire car period at my own expense. This extension request involved an argument with the hire company about the increased daily rate they demanded. Originally, the car hire bloke assured me that any hire period extension I need would be on the same daily rate that Honda (AA Relay Plus) were paying for the first 72 hour period; now the car hire company were gouging me at a higher daily rate "because their computer system sets the rate". That's me another £444 out of pocket. The daily hire rate could be another sticky quibble when the time comes to getting Honda UK to refund my loss.

This brake failure saga is stressing me out, as well as taking up a lot of my precious time and energy. A Honda warranty repair should be seamlessly efficient from start to finish, not a battle with Honda UK. I would have expected a loan car delivered to my front door and collected from here as well when my repaired Jazz is returned. Far from it. It is a bus ride and long walk to reach the car hire depot from my home. A similar journey by bus and on foot to the dealership when I eventually collect the Jazz. Plus all the hassle of dealing with the car hire company, a notoriously bad experience anyway. I was carless for the first 24 hours until a hire car became available. I should be entitled to claim compensation for all the inconvenience as well. We shall see what Honda UK has to say about that.

#notahappyJazzowner >:(
Hybrid / Re: Are Honda Fit GP5 hybrid front shocks same as Jazz GK model?
« Last post by John Ratsey on April 08, 2024, 08:55:01 AM »
Is it the IMA hybrid (which was discontinued in the UK in 2015)? If so, it's likely the GE generation https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=6323.msg5316#msg5316.
I've never needed to add oil to a Honda engine between services. I occasionally check it and always find that it's difficult to see on the dipstick as it's so clean. Unlike my first car where the oil had turned black after a 1,000 miles and would need topping up.
Putting non-Honda oil into the engine for a topup might invalidate your Honda warranty?
No , the only requirement is to use the correct specification oil.   Honda dont make oil.  They do deals with various oil blenders to package their oil under Hondas own brand name,  or  a financial  deal for it to be marketed as a leading oil Brand with endorsements such as 'meets Honda specification'. And rather than ship packaged oil from Japan to Europe more local sources, from a different oil company may be used.   . Maybe from Japan to NZ. So you may well have different oil than cars serviced in europe.   

The same oil blender may market other brands of oil filled  from the same tank. And much cheaper as it misses out the  middle man of Honda or 'premium' oil brand.  I have read that Main dealers in the  UK sometimes source their oil direct from the  actual blender rather than Honda.  Especially if they hold franchises for various car brands. 

Anyway how would they know?   Topping up  3 litres of correct oil remaining in the engine
 with maybe half a litre of oil of the correct,or very nearly correct, specification is unlikely to do any harm.  Honda would only investigate if you do a complete oil change  with completely wrong oil and wreck the engine.   
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Honda Car Insurance
« Last post by Nicksey on April 08, 2024, 07:41:55 AM »
Just got my insurance renewal quote from LV for HONDA JAZZ EX I-MMD E-HEV AUTO, Comprehensive cover, 9 years No Claim Discount. QUOTE = £684.77 Last year was £553.58 but that was for a 2006 Mazda 3. Anyway that is a 23.7% increase :o. Will check for better deals elsewhere but not hopeful. You get what you pay for and LV get good reviews from Which? etc.

Similar to me. I moved to Flow (which is now Allianz). Dropped by £200.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Honda Car Insurance
« Last post by CB72 on April 07, 2024, 10:34:46 PM »
Just got my insurance renewal quote from LV for HONDA JAZZ EX I-MMD E-HEV AUTO, Comprehensive cover, 9 years No Claim Discount. QUOTE = £684.77 Last year was £553.58 but that was for a 2006 Mazda 3. Anyway that is a 23.7% increase :o. Will check for better deals elsewhere but not hopeful. You get what you pay for and LV get good reviews from Which? etc.
Putting non-Honda oil into the engine for a topup might invalidate your Honda warranty?
10 -15 year ago   some  roads  in eastern europe ,India etc were awful. If you hit a major pothole  too fast it was your own stupid fault  - what else  did you expect?   But they have improved their roads.  The Uk has gone backwards.  Its in a transitional phase. You  expect better  but are often caught out.     
We hit a nasty pothole south of Bristol and the engine stopped and wouldn't restart. The car behind us stopped with a puncture and buckled wheel! My car wouldn't start and the breakdown man diagnosed that the fuel cut off had been activated by the shock and fortunately reset it in about a minute.

Symptoms are that the engine loses power and the car drifts to a stop. Using the starter turns it over briskly but doesn't fire. There is fuel in the tank and the green key light doesn't flash
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
anything