Author Topic: SE or S specification?  (Read 1520 times)

Johnocyprus

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT, 2007 CRV EX, 2022 C125 SuperCub, 2003 Izzy
SE or S specification?
« on: December 18, 2020, 12:37:12 PM »
After 7 years of having our faithful Mk1 SE CVT we’ve decided to get a MK 3 Jazz CVT, I’m looking at cars around two years old.   We had the cat stolen from our Jazz last year and once was enough so time to upgrade......
The spec of the S seems pretty generous and I’m wondering whether to widen our search to include the S spec as well as the SE.( I’m not interested in the high spec versions with all their electronic wizardry).   Has anybody had experience of both specs to advice please. Any opinions welcome.

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
Re: SE or S specification?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 01:26:18 PM »
Like you I wanted a MK3 in S spec, but an SE came along so I went for that. My preferences were smaller wheels for a better ride and I didn't want diamond cut alloys. Both the S and SE were ok in that respect.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 01:30:30 PM by Derkie54 »
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 02:17:42 PM »
I think its all about the deal, so hunt down Mk3 near you and bargain hard.
Always test drive for 30 mins on roads you are familar with, Dec is areally tough month for sales .....
Good Luck
Take a look at the prices on Motorpoint for near new model Jazz#s.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 06:05:29 PM »
S models with CVT are rare i have only seen one, i wanted manual S so that worked out and having driven 2 x S and 3 x SE trims and one SE with CVT i am pleased i picked the S manual, it suits me very well

RayS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz 1.3 SE
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2020, 06:26:41 PM »
The only reason I chose a SE over a S was the need for electric folding mirrors.
I drive along a couple of very narrow roads on my daily commute, so these are an abolute must have for me.
Unless the SE you are looking at has a Sat-Nav, I find the touchscreen is redundant.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2020, 06:45:11 PM »
I bought my SE early in 2016, and preferred it to the S because of folding mirrors and parking sensors.  There were also a couple of useful safety systems (lane departure and collision warnings) and I have come to value the automatic high beam system, although I didn’t know about it when buying. The specs may have been tweaked subsequently.

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2020, 06:55:24 PM »
Much as the others say really.
I wanted a CVT, didn't want/like the diamond cut bigger wheels, I actually like the alloys on the 2018 SE, the folding mirrors and a few of the other SE spec items and that sort of decided it for me. Plus I wanted the "polished metal" (aka shiny grey) colour and fairly low miles, and the idea of being able to fit a spacesaver spare for when(if) I get to do some continental touring meant the later year models weren't ideal.
Having a narrow spec wish-list limits the choice but makes the decision easier when you do find a good one.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2020, 12:41:06 PM »
I'm with olduser1 "I think its all about the deal, so hunt down Mk3 near you and bargain hard."

I have never ended up with the exact car I went out to buy, I've ended up with the best deal. Spec, colour etc are not as important to me as the value for money, condition and provenance of the car.

AlanTR

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2020, 09:56:41 PM »
I bought an SE CVT. For me, the extras on the SE made the driving experience a bit more enjoyable.

Happyarry

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi i-vtec CVT
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2020, 11:13:26 AM »
I bought the EX navi CVT because I love the diamond cut wheels and the way they fill the arches, I also love the technology, it's everything I'd ever wanted in a car and more. I'm not disappointed you'd be hard pressed to find as good a car in it's class.

Harry

Johnocyprus

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT, 2007 CRV EX, 2022 C125 SuperCub, 2003 Izzy
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2020, 08:06:24 AM »
Many thanks for the advice. I’ve bought a 2018 SE CVT  with 22,000 miles. 3 owners however the car is as new.
I was a little concerned from some posts on the forum that the build quality was not as good as that of the Mk1 however  driving it home I was pretty impressed especially how relaxing the car is when driving at 70mph. 
Our other car is a big Merc which feels very dated in comparison, I may well sell this and replace it with an ebike.
Thanks again

Happyarry

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi i-vtec CVT
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2020, 12:47:30 PM »
Many thanks for the advice. I’ve bought a 2018 SE CVT  with 22,000 miles. 3 owners however the car is as new.
I was a little concerned from some posts on the forum that the build quality was not as good as that of the Mk1 however  driving it home I was pretty impressed especially how relaxing the car is when driving at 70mph. 
Our other car is a big Merc which feels very dated in comparison, I may well sell this and replace it with an ebike.
Thanks again

Sounds lovely, hope you enjoy. Lovely car.

Tags: