Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by eskatephil on Today at 04:36:38 PM »
Do you get 2 USB adapters for the existing USB ports in your car? (The arm pit one and under the radio )
I can cycle through the menus indeed - I can access the one which you can see in the first picture - when I click enter I just get the pictogram visible on photo 2
At the risk of stating the obvious (apologies), that right hand display has lots of modes. You cycle through them using the buttons on the lower right of the steering wheel. Do none of those work, ie you can't change the display at all?
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Honda fit hybrid spares
« Last post by superbees on Today at 04:20:38 PM »
It is a 2015 honda fit 1.5 hybrid
Hello everyone,

I'm soon getting my hands on a Honda Jazz 2020 and I'm keen to install a dashcam, particularly for nighttime parking. I've been considering using the fusebox for both ACC and BAT power, but after browsing previous threads in this forum, I'm a bit confused.

As far as I understand, there are two options:

A: Option Connector - sold separately but seems to be available only in the Japanese market, making it challenging to acquire in the UK.

B: Fusebox connection - while convenient, it can be risky due to potential faulty wiring issues.

This will be my first experience installing a dashcam, and I lack prior knowledge in car electronics. I'm planning to purchase the Viofo A129 with two cameras. Could someone guide me through the process of connecting to the fusebox in detail?

1. Which fusebox should I use?
2. Which fuses are suitable for piggybacking, and where is the best location for the ground connection?
3. Do I need to remove the A-pillar trim to better installation of the wire, avoid interference with the airbag?
4. If yes to question 3, what precautions should I take when removing this trim? I am thinking it may be a irreversible connectors?
5. Is there any particular advice you're offering?

Could you please share some photos of your installation? I would appreciate it.

Apologies for the detailed questions, but I'd greatly appreciate your insights. I'm eager to tackle this installation myself, but I want to ensure I have a clear understanding before proceeding.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Hey guys - looks like I fucked up.

I have tried installing a third party radio from AliExpress - which wasn’t too great of  an experience. Long story short - they didn’t included the canbus with the radio, had a lot of problems with it and even after getting the canbus they failed to give me any actual information on how to configure it properly ( Honda jazz 2019 wasn’t on the list of devices for the canbus app)

I decided jest to bite the bullet and go back to the stock radio.

After installing the radio back I noticed I lost the extra menu on the right hand side of the dashboard (check photo) I assume I am fucked now as that’s the menu for the tyre deflation system.

No idea what to do now - everything was connected as before - any ideas what I could possibly do?

I guess the only possible thing would be installing the joying radio and go with them since they have a preconfigured canbus but I don’t have the money for this right now.

Anyone? :(
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: MPG for those interested
« Last post by aphybrid on Today at 12:39:22 PM »
Just looked at spirit website, too much trackers involved.

[sorry - off-topic!]

Thank you for your reply!

Believe me, I'm bordering "paranoid" regarding online trackers!

On www.spritmonitor.de I see only the infamous googletagmanager (where as on clubjazz.org there are at least addthis.com and the paramount googlesyndication.com sites)

so, I do not quite follow your concerns, since you are a member of this forum and prefer to avoid spritmonitor.de

Have you yet considered something like NoScript/? - It would give you back some choice about what your browser loads.

If you are of the more "adventorous" type and don't mind to do some bit-wrestling, Pi-hole might be an option for you. Trust me: There is more...  :D

Take care!

Addendum: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AddThis

Thank you for suggesting alternatives, for me, simple spreadsheet, easily done, gives me what i want and reliably accurate and allows simple prediction of costs,combined with notes on any other purchases for the car like tyres gives me a total cost per mile. Would give you a copy but would take too long to make sure any identifiable info deleted. Thanks again for pointers to try others.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Left mirror blocked
« Last post by Country Cousin on Today at 11:12:38 AM »
I eventually got the noisy passenger door mirror replaced under warranty. I asked if I could keep the old one to take it apart and find out why it was making a grinding noise on folding. The service manager refused as they all have to be sent back to Honda. However he did say that the new replacement unit has a different part number implying it has been redesigned - and the new mirror does indeed now fold faultlessly and silently.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by zesty_bum on Today at 10:56:23 AM »
Is the following AliExpress link the correct unit?

https://a.aliexpress.com/_ExlGWN1

Thanks for the attached picture with the labels - is this the back of the JOYING unit or the OEM Honda HU?

Will check for any YouTube videos of the JOYING unit  :)
The website is badly worded. It is how I said. If you need the assistance you phone them on the number provided
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10