Author Topic: Carwow 2020 Honda Jazz Review  (Read 2036 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Carwow 2020 Honda Jazz Review
« on: July 21, 2020, 11:30:11 AM »
I've haven't watched it yet, it literally just appeared in my Youtube feed:

RayS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz 1.3 SE
Re: Carwow 2020 Honda Jazz Review
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 04:43:27 PM »
I managed to watch 1:47 before switching off. That so called presenter is an insulting, patronising, brain dead idiot.
That's my polite reply. If I wrote what I really thought, I'll get myself banned!

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 04:59:17 PM »
Ignoring the irritating style, he sells it well.  From a professional reviewer the quote “I like it more than I ever thought I would” is a good advert.  In the bit where he’s accelerating (around 13’30”) you can hear the engine imitating a gear change - I don’t understand why Honda thinks that’s a good idea.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 06:19:38 PM by Downsizer »

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 11:35:55 AM »
I like how Carwow reviews go into detail about practical things, including USB charging points and storage compartments and so on. If you are not a fan of Mat Watson's style, try the Polish reviewer Marek Drives on Youtube (no new Jazz review as yet).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 10:48:22 AM by RichardA »

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 11:49:48 AM »
I like how Carwow reviews go into detail about practical things, including USB charging points and storage compartments and so on. If you are not a fan of the unfortunately named Mat Watson's (think about it...) style, try the Polish reviewer Marek Drives on Youtube (no new Jazz review as yet).

Yeah, Marek Drives on Youtube is very good I thought.  The guy on this review is an absolute knob, couldn't get it out of his head that the Jazz is only for old people.  And I agree with Ray he is certainly insulting and patronising.

beerbelly

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.3 i-VTEC 2019
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 04:45:15 PM »

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2020, 02:22:03 PM »
Well, personally I am a fan of Mat Watson and have been watching his videos for years.  He reviewed the MK2 Jazz on Carbuyer 10yrs ago. Mat seems to spend time with a car and point out the good and the bad. Far away from the usual copy and paste car journalist opinions.

Its the first review of the new Jazz I've seen. I think it looks fantastic. The hybrid tech no doubt will be 100% reliable, however I will be interested in keeping an eye out for reliability reviews as the car ages and gets closer to the age of car I prefer to run.

Its disappointing that the traditional dials have gone as has a proper handbrake  >:( Too much pointless tech. And what happened to the radio?

Is the new Jazz auto only?? Any plans for a 3 pedal version?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 02:29:17 PM by Westy36 »

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2020, 10:50:39 AM »
Well, personally I am a fan of Mat Watson and have been watching his videos for years.  He reviewed the MK2 Jazz on Carbuyer 10yrs ago. Mat seems to spend time with a car and point out the good and the bad. Far away from the usual copy and paste car journalist opinions.

Its the first review of the new Jazz I've seen. I think it looks fantastic. The hybrid tech no doubt will be 100% reliable, however I will be interested in keeping an eye out for reliability reviews as the car ages and gets closer to the age of car I prefer to run.

Its disappointing that the traditional dials have gone as has a proper handbrake  >:( Too much pointless tech. And what happened to the radio?

Is the new Jazz auto only?? Any plans for a 3 pedal version?

I've been following Mat Watson on Youtube for a few years. He made a great team with Rebecca Jackson on Carbuyer.

The Jazz is indeed auto only, at least over here.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2020, 07:40:32 PM »

Rebecca Jackson on Carbuyer. Fantastic.  :)

Yesterday I used the Honda car configurator. 2 pedal only! :( Gave Honda customer line a ring, and was informed it'll be an auto only and no plans on a manual. Shame in my opinion.  That said, I look forward to trying one when they have depreciated sufficiently.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2020, 09:07:35 PM »
Yesterday I used the Honda car configurator. 2 pedal only!  Shame in my opinion.  That said, I look forward to trying one when they have depreciated sufficiently.
There's no gearbox and thus no need for a third pedal. The efficiency of the hybrid system relies on the car deciding what to do when. And it does it very well by combining quiet and smooth running with instant power (and some engine noise) available when needed. Try one and I think you'll be impressed.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags:

anything