Author Topic: Honda CR-Z - anyone got one?  (Read 2371 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Honda CR-Z - anyone got one?
« on: February 10, 2011, 10:35:03 PM »
Anyone?

Anyone seen any around, at least not one on a test drive from a Honda dealer?

I've only seen one and that was a demo car from a dealer.

I've noticed a dealer has a pair of ex-demo Sport models for £15.5k - already reduced by £1k and almost £3k less than brand new.

Is the CR-Z just not selling?

Absolution

Re: Honda CR-Z - anyone got one?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 11:56:17 PM »
We saw one on the road today (Brighton area). It looked like the entry level CR-Z so not sure if it was a demo car but did have just the driver in it.

I thought these would have beeen a great little seller, especially to the old CR-X lovers.

guest436

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 09:24:16 PM »
If it had appeared two years earlier Honda would have made a killing selling these. Right car, wrong [economic] market.

guest102

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 01:14:52 PM »
Had a CR-Z sport for a week now. We went to buy a new Jazz and came out with a CR-Z! Why? Hybrid makes a lot of sense (no road tax - better economy etc) but the Jazz hybrid is only available in CVT - we originally had one of these but hated it. We don't really need the load carrying on the Jazz as we also have a Mercedes and a van - so the CR-Z started to make sense.
First impressions of the CR-Z: Economy - slightly better than the Jazz, Performance steering and handling are much better. In short the CR-Z is a 'drivers' car but without the total practicality of the Jazz. I will always have fond memories of our three Jazzes, but I won't miss the 'sticky' steering, the 'flat' top end performance and the 'useless' handbrake.... and that all other road users assume that you are over 80
BTW - the Jazz only had one key - after much head scratching I discovered that once a key chip has been programmed to a car it cannot be rewritten for another car - you have to use a new chip or new key.

Tags:

anything