Author Topic: Sat Nav HDD  (Read 6477 times)

guest1045

Sat Nav HDD
« on: October 05, 2009, 06:15:48 PM »
I have a query on this unit regarding the use of the SD card.  I have no problems with the system reading my various SD cards but I am unable to get a couple of features working or understood.  It's possible to import images for the Destinations and for Album Covers when using the Music Catcher. According to the manual you need to use software found on the www.honda-access.com website.  The actual software name is not mentioned in the manual but I eventually found a link to the Clarion NAVI Manager v1.1.  This has two sections - one for the photo images (this converts JPG files to BMP files of the correct size) and the other which takes an export file from the HDD of CD's that have been recorded and via an internet ready PC searches for a CD Cover Image and then runs an import file.  This import file is larger than the export so something has been added to the file via the Gracenote Web Site. Gracenote is a Sony Corp company and I have checked directly that the CD Covers do in fact exist on their website database.
So, with the CD images all I get is a big blank square against the names of various CD's that I have recorded.  Having many Greatest Hits CD's it's not much help seeing a list of truncated Greates Hit names!   The Destination Images do in fact show up on a screen but I haven't quite worked out what they do and what is the purpose.

Another query is the USB port and adaptor lead now seem to be totally disconnected now that I have had the Sat Nav fitted.

Any ideas?

guest1045

• Topic Starter
Re: Sat Nav HDD
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 06:22:58 PM »
I have had a conversation with Honda UK today and they are working on this issue and I should get an answer by Monday

guest1058

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 09:34:23 PM »
How much extra does the Sat Nav HDD system cost?

(I presume this is the one in the Honda Jazz Accessories brochure?)

guest1045

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 09:44:35 PM »
£2295 but I managed to get a discount.  Still far too much but it was a present!  It's a great unit bar my query with the Music Catcher.  The instructions could do with a flow chart as the menus are a nightmare.  I have the Bluetooth option with the voice recognition.  I'll post my reply from Honda when it comes.

Tags: