Author Topic: Vertu honda?  (Read 8924 times)

chrisv

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 cvt jazz
Vertu honda?
« on: August 31, 2016, 11:52:20 AM »
Hi,
Has anyone else had problems with vertu honda? They have taken over mynearest two dealerships and I am not impressed. The latest saga is they sent me a text saying my car  was due for service. I replied saying the service was not due until january 2017 or 45,000 miles, I then get an email confirming I have booked a service! Quick phone call this morning to cancel, considering all the other things they have got wrong I am not sure I want them to service my cad in the future which is a pity as when it was Lookers honda I was quite happy with them,
Chris😕

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: Vertu honda?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 06:41:25 AM »
My three local Honda dealers are Vertu group and I have been dealing with the Boston one for ten years without any hassle.
The staff at your dealer will probably be the same as before so maybe they are just adjusting to a new way of working.

Vic.

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 10:53:40 AM »
Echo what VicW said.

Vertu took over the Honda dealerships here in the North East but the staff remains.

I have dealt with the same sales and servicing team for the past 16 years or so now and wouldn't go anywhere else.

When Vertu took over, they do have (IMO) a rather annoying call centre where they would call me and ask me that my service or mot is due and whether I like to book with them now over the phone.

I would always decline as I would rather call directly and speak to the service team directly as I know them so well and they know me.

The call centre also calls after the service/ mot is done to complete a survey which again is very annoying but I do answer their questions as it doesn't take longer than 2 mins

evijaymohan

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 Jazz ES CVT7
Boston Honda & CVT Fluid change interval
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 01:01:35 PM »
Hey, guys this is my first post since i bought Jazz CVT 2011 ES from Vertu Honda in Boston

The service book shows CVT fluid was changed only at the point of selling , this means with 63K plus miles and 7 years on the clock.

I was shocked as this is dangerous , I inquired and the sales person said, we did it when the car was on 25K miles. should be around march 2016 ( not in the service book but my guess based upon the service schedule).

Even then the dealer has not followed the CVT  fluid recommendations on a car continuously serviced by them. Is it normal ? Who will be responsible if anything happens with CVT gearbox ?

What can I do now ?

Thanks
Vijay

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 02:41:00 PM »
I have bought several CVT Jazz's from Boston Honda and the CVT oil changes have never been recorded in the service book even though due according to the mileage. On querying this I have always immediately been shown the service record on their in store records confirming that the oil had been recorded as having been changed. The service book was always then been updated.
The oil always looked the right colour and I have never had gearbox problems.

Vic.

evijaymohan

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 04:44:32 PM »
Thanks for the assurance VicW

If I go by the words of sales person, The CVT oil was changed only twice,which is inadequate
march 2016 : 25000 Miles  (after 5 years)
Nov 2018 : 63316 Miles (after 2.5 years and 38313 miles)

This seems inadequate as per Honda recommendations are concerned. So just a bit frustrated.

Thanks again

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 07:14:13 PM »
Why not put your issues concerns in writing the the dealership in question by recorded delivery or take the letter and photo its receipt in person.

evijaymohan

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 10:40:49 AM »
Thanks

Yes, this is the plan. But not sure if they will take responsibility for the missing the fluid change. This is what i get from the attitude.

Takes 3/4 days or even a week to respond to emails.

Windscreen had untreated chips, the response was , they are small ( 110mm) so no treatment.

I must admit , I did not check the car properly before taking it. Thinking that its from a dealer and honda approved,.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 11:16:08 AM »
Thanks for the assurance VicW

If I go by the words of sales person, The CVT oil was changed only twice,which is inadequate
march 2016 : 25000 Miles  (after 5 years)
Nov 2018 : 63316 Miles (after 2.5 years and 38313 miles)

This seems inadequate as per Honda recommendations are concerned. So just a bit frustrated.

Thanks again

My understanding is that the CVT fluid should be changed every 25,000 miles or every 24 months which ever comes sooner. That said, the more frequent changes is a relatively new thing so it may be that the change in 2016 was in line with the recommendations at the time.

Somebody here might know exactly when that policy changed.

evijaymohan

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 02:56:46 PM »
Thanks Peteo,

This may justify the reason for delay in first oil replacement.

The car completed 50K in Nov 2017. But the oil was changed in Nov 2018 (after 1 year)

May be the dealer have their own way of checking , when to replace , based upon the color or other indicators.

I will get the reply once the salesperson is back after a week of vacation.

Car is smooth and I have no problem with the performance so far. Fingers crossed.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2019, 09:10:29 PM »
My understanding is that the CVT fluid should be changed every 25,000 miles or every 24 months which ever comes sooner. That said, the more frequent changes is a relatively new thing so it may be that the change in 2016 was in line with the recommendations at the time.

Somebody here might know exactly when that policy changed.
My dealer uses the standard Honda 12,500 mile schedule service checksheet which is handed over as part of the service record. The datecode on the sheet appears to say 06/13 but also includes the HRV 2016 so something isn't consistent. Nonetheless, this sheet shows Jazz 2012 MY (ie the reintroduction of CVT on the Jazz in 2011) as being at the 25k miles / 2 years frequency. This 2014 forum post mentions the 25k mile / 2 year frequency https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=6465.msg27618#msg27618 so the recommendation must have been in place by that time.

I also know that the service technicians can be lax about ticking the boxes. My HR-V was due for its CVT fluid change at its last service. When I collected the vehicle I queried the lack of a tick in the CVT fluid box. The technician was interrogated, the store records checked and a tick then put in the box. I've had my vehicles on the Honda service plan so there's no advantage to either me or the dealer with skimping on the service. However, people who are paying for each service from their own pocket may be less enthusiastic on getting everything done particularly if the mileage is well below 12.5k per year.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

evijaymohan

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2019, 09:46:17 AM »
Thanks all for interesting inputs.

The dealer confirmed that CVT was changed only twice ( ticked just once in the book).

So this is very clear that either dealer did not perform it or previous owner did not pay for it.

So what should I do next , Should i ask dealer to take responsibility ( I am sure they will reject) of all cvt related issues, if they pop up any time in future OR should I return the car ( not sure even if it is possible) on account of risks involved ?

Or just keep mum as it is a Honda approved car ?

too confusing :(

Thanks

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2019, 11:13:37 AM »
Personally I would get the dealer to change the oil now, and then just enjoy the car.

evijaymohan

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2019, 11:41:55 AM »
Hi Jocko,

The oil was last changed in Nov 2018, very recent.

Thanks

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2019, 09:54:41 PM »
Provided the car has clocked up a few hundred miles since the last change then I would ask the dealer to draw off a small amount of fluid from the CVT box and check the colour. If it's still looks like new fluid then there's nothing to worry about. If it's already getting dirty then get it changed (at the dealer's expense). The judder problem takes many years to develop and is caused by dirty CVT fluid staying in the box for too long.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags:

anything