Author Topic: Why did they made the Mk3 Jazz less good Looking?  (Read 7441 times)

guest5168

Why did they made the Mk3 Jazz less good Looking?
« on: October 10, 2015, 11:01:20 PM »
I admit the mk2 was pretty good looking car,however few days ago had a look at showroom at the new jazz and It's just Meh, totally uninspiring and boring looking average car.
and let's not even start talking about the inside build quality, while mk1 had really good solid feel on everything, mk2 felt much worse, now this mk3 feels even worse-everything just looks again so much cheaper built!

harry22673

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
Re: Why did they made the Mk3 Jazz less good Looking?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 11:14:17 PM »
I agree about the interior
I'd say I'm still liking the overall exterior though

Sidot

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk3 ES.Sporty Blue Metallic.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 07:34:45 AM »
I like the modern look of the new car, but the build quality seriously worries me.

Paulwhitt20

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 11:00:45 AM »
We went from a Mk 1 Jazz to a Mk 3 so I can't comment on the Mk 2 build quality but in my opinion the Mk 1 is the better car. Ours was nine years old and had done 50000 miles when we gave it my sister who now thinks she has a New car. The only thing to go wrong with the Mk 1 was the folding mirror would not stop folding and Honda disabled this and the carpet was getting warn on the drivers footwell.
I have only been in the Mk 3 as a passenger but it feels a better ride and quieter but the build quality is poor. It feels like all the unnecessary technology they put on to pass EU laws and do well in the EU tests is expensive and so they try and cut costs I.e. Only paint the bits you see, don't put a spare wheel or jack in etc. And yes it does not look as nice as the old ones.
I want also disappointed in the way Honda prepared the car before handover and we are still waiting for the side mouldings from the protection pack.
Does anyone like the MK 3 Jazz ?

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 11:35:37 AM »
Just got my mk3 have still got mk1. To soon to say at the moment, but I think it will grow on me the same way as the mk1 did.
Like the ride, seems quieter than mk1, the " toys" are confusing at the moment. Mine is the ex in tinted silver and the undercoat is a very similar colour to the body so it is more difficult to notice the difference between the unpainted areas.
Overall at the moment, I like it.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

guest5685

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 12:44:00 PM »
I thought the Mk3 looked ok. But beauty is only skin deep.

Plus I'm a woman, so I like things to look nice  :-*

guest5168

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 04:27:43 PM »
I thought the Mk3 looked ok. But beauty is only skin deep.

Plus I'm a woman, so I like things to look nice  :-*
that's the thing , it looks just ''ok''
it doesn't looks bad either, but it's just that - ok.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 05:22:04 PM »
We went from a Mk 1 Jazz to a Mk 3 so I can't comment on the Mk 2 build quality but in my opinion the Mk 1 is the better car. Ours was nine years old and had done 50000 miles when we gave it my sister who now thinks she has a New car. The only thing to go wrong with the Mk 1 was the folding mirror would not stop folding and Honda disabled this and the carpet was getting warn on the drivers footwell.
I have only been in the Mk 3 as a passenger but it feels a better ride and quieter but the build quality is poor. It feels like all the unnecessary technology they put on to pass EU laws and do well in the EU tests is expensive and so they try and cut costs I.e. Only paint the bits you see, don't put a spare wheel or jack in etc. And yes it does not look as nice as the old ones.

As far as perceived build quality is concerned governments around the world keep passing laws to lower emissions (which VW group ignore) and improve safety and it costs money to make cars meet these ever tightening standards,  a lot of the material changes (lighter plastic and carpets,  no spare wheel etc.) are about trying to lower the car weight and improve MPG.  People also expect more in the way of functionality in their cars, who would have thought a few years ago that ABS and traction control would be standard in cars.   Honda don't seem to skimp on engineering because their cars are still the most reliable and long lasting around,  so they are still doing the right thing.  It is a very competitive market out there and its hard to keep high standards and still built reliable cars while having to build to lower costs.

If you don't like MK3 it's a good time to buy a VW group diesel now as their prices are dropping, seems like when they 'upgrade' the software to take out emission cheating code it may have side effect of using more fuel and reducing power in order to meet emission standards in everyday driving and not just when car is being tested LOL  Volkswagen shot themselves in the foot with a 12 Bore shotgun.  The future is petrol or petrol hybrids although I have seen a couple of Nissan Leaf pure electric cars round our way,  70 miles range on a good day (as long as you don't want the heater heated windows, headlights or wipers on when you are driving) and labelled as 'zero emissions' (so where does the electric power come from to charge the battery then ??).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 05:25:14 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2015, 06:20:27 PM »
Overall I think that the Mk 3 has more style than the previous Jazzes, which were a bit boxy. The front looks a bit more aerodynamic, the groove on the sides provides a distinctive feature (and probably stiffens the door skins) and the slight overhang at the top of the tail gate gives a sportier look. These could well increase the visual appeal to prospective buyers as well as distinguishing the new Jazz from the previous model.

What counts as good appearance is often biased by expectations. I remember when, many years ago, when a manufacturer produced a concept car with a smooth curves and rounded appearance. At the time it looked very peculiar but now such styling is the norm for good (aerodynamic) reasons.

So far I've got no concerns about the materials and build quality of my new Jazz. My complaints are about some of the features that they decided to include that don't appear to have added value.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Mr Onion

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 23 Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Advance in Crystal Black
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2015, 06:46:43 PM »
I just find the new Jazz looks far too 'bling' for our taste.

Gittje

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2015, 10:36:10 AM »
Overall I think that the Mk 3 has more style than the previous Jazzes, which were a bit boxy.
That's what I like about the MK1 & 2 Jazz  :)  I don't like the MK3 at all, outside nor inside!

We bought our first MK1 Jazz ES in january 2002, and decided to upgrade to the MK 2 Comfort in 2009/2010. Both cars had a manual box. Last year we bought the MK2 ES Plus CVT at a discount price and find it a very smooth driving car, although the finishing and materials of the first generation MK1 ES on the whole was much better than MK2 and MK3.

We don't know if we 'll stick to Honda for our future car...

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 10:39:48 AM by Gittje »

Tags: