Author Topic: Abuse of the Thanks  (Read 5648 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Abuse of the Thanks
« on: March 18, 2013, 09:25:18 PM »
Please remember the Thanks option is to say thank you for providing useful information and not to say thank you for expressing an opinion or as a way of showing support regarding a controversial topic. This will strictly not be tolerated. Anyone who misuses the Thanks in this way will have their privilege to give Thanks removed.

I've also noticed that some topic starters are saying thanks to every single reply in a topic. Whilst I understand why people do this, I respectfully request topic starters to keep the number of Thanks made by them to a sensible minimum.

Also, please don't send me abusive emails because you can't login - this will in future results in instant bans!   :)

« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:27:15 PM by RichardA »

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
Re: Abuse of the Thanks
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 06:44:36 AM »
You certainly cannot please them all!  The problem on the computer club forum I run was stopping spammers from joining, those that want to sell pharmaceuticals, etc.  What I did was present some very South African questions that an overseas person would find difficult to answer, but dead easy for a SA person.  That fixed that problem straight away.

If music be the food of love, play on

dg

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2002 1.4 SE + 2015 1.3 S
Re: Abuse of the Thanks
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 05:15:03 PM »
would be good to have "retract thanks" button :) "quote" and "thanks" are so close together..

Tags:

anything