Author Topic: Clearing blocked washer jets on the GE  (Read 5729 times)

Top Down

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: March 2012 1.4 iVTEC EX - Deep Sapphire Blue
Clearing blocked washer jets on the GE
« on: November 19, 2011, 09:22:36 AM »
The washer jets on the drivers side only reach half the height of those on the passenger side and consequently the screen isn't clearing properly. The jets are not adjustable so i supect a partial blockage.

How an earth do I get at the jets from the underside and what is the washer tube route?

I did ask the dealership to look at it under warranty but they said it was billable work.

Anyone got any suggestions of how to clear things please?

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
Re: Clearing blocked washer jets on the GE
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 02:34:47 PM »
I had to clean the jet on my GD Jazz before and it was not that difficult job.

I used a plier (put a paper towel around the nozzle and gently grabbed) to pull up the jet from its place. The washer tube came with it so disconnected that. The next step was to pull down the white coloured plastic bit of the bottom of the nozzle but be careful because there is a spring and a small ball inside (don`t loose those). After this I cleaned out the nozzle and put back everything in the reverse order.
Hopefully your nozzle is similar to mine and you can do that job in 5-10 mins time.

Top Down

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: March 2012 1.4 iVTEC EX - Deep Sapphire Blue
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 06:24:39 PM »
Thanks but  don't think they're the same. The nozzles are mounted from underneath and are covered by the one piece plastic shroud that goes right across the base of the windscreen. The shroud also seems to create a box so there is no visible means of accessing the nozzle,

badbooks

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES 2009
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 12:03:57 PM »
I know this is an old post, but just in case needs info on 2012 Jazz washer mist jets blocked, I removed the washer pump & cleaned out the washer bottle & bought 2 replacement jets from Honda for about £30, fixed the problem, the jets are adjustable with a small screwdriver, bit of a faff, but now work perfectly

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 04:05:57 PM »
I dont know about the Jazz specifically but I have cleared jets in then past  by tracing the feed pipe between the  water bottle/pump, and the nozzles.  There is often a joint maybe halfway along, somewhere in the engine compartment that can be disconnected  without having to  dismantle  panels around the screen/scuttle area.   Then by alternately  blowing and sucking on the end of the pipe  (taking a mouth full of water if necessary)  you can often  clear a blockage in the pipe and nozzle. Putting your finger over the 'good' jet can concentrate your efforts on the blocked one.  You can normally exert more pressure than the washer pump  using just lung power.  (but be careful if your own bodily pipes are not as efficient as they were that you dont do yourself a mischief by blowing too hard.    But better not use an airline or tyre pump which might burst the pipe ,  separate a joint or bung things up even tighter.    While you are about it  also   blow back towards the pump/bottle   as this may clear a blocked filter that is reducing pumping efficiency. Once by doing this I discovered the jets were clear , the problem was the pump filter.

But a  health and safety warning.  Try not to ingest any fluid.   It can be  quite noxious from algae etc,  or taste very bitter due to 'bitrex' added to the fluid to stop you drinking it  :P  (I have known summer mixes with a  fruity perfume that could be mistaken for a drink )     Ideally connect some clear pipe  filled with water so you can monitor flow in and out.    Not guaranteed to work but worth a try.   
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 04:14:24 PM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2022, 12:21:52 PM »
Indeed! Some screen washes could contain an amount of methanol which is extremely poisonous.

Tags: