Author Topic: Hello Jazz fans/servicing help needed  (Read 6405 times)

Maurice

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX i-shift
Hello Jazz fans/servicing help needed
« on: October 30, 2011, 11:43:55 AM »
Hello. I'm Maurice and I'm new to the Forum.
I've just bought a 2009 Jazz 1.4 i-vtec EX after owning a Mitsubishi Galant for the last 11 years (I took it from 5k to 105k miles) and it was a good, reliable car. I'm hoping the Jazz will offer equally good service.
So far so good with the youngster. He lurches slightly on gear changes but I've adapted my driving a little to accommodate him since he otherwise looks very promising.
I did all my own servicing on the Galant, and I'm wondering whether I can do the same on the Jazz. Does anyone know of a suitable workshop manual?
So far all I can find is the prior-generation Haynes manual. Could anyone tell me whether the 2 cars are sufficiently similar to make it worthwhile buying it and trying to make do? Or is there a better manual available out there that someone knows of?
Many thanks,
Maurice

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
Re: Hello Jazz fans/servicing help needed
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 09:20:35 AM »
Hello and welcome Maurice  8)

I think you might find a workshop manual within the forum- have a search and see if you can find it- if not, I'll have a look for you

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 08:09:40 PM »
Hi there and welcome.

Did you have this generation of Galant?

I always liked the sharp styling. 8)

Anyway, I was told Haynes only produce a manual after approx. three years after the model went on sale and only if a certain number were sold.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 09:05:35 AM »
I'll provide the manual link here>
http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual.htm

The key as ever are regular oil/filter changes I have always used Honda filter for over 12 years.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 09:29:53 AM »
The GD (i-DSi) Jazz manual won't be any good for the GE -i-VTEC  model.

Like olduser says, servicing modern cars is just down to regular oil and filter changes -  I have always used Honda oil filters and a good  5W-30 oil ((Castrol Magnatec fully synthetic 5W-30 Ford A1 is on special at our local Halfords at £17.50 for 4 litres - down from £32).  Manual gearboxes only need oil change about every 75K these days, I always add molyslip to manual boxes for good measure and it makes the already top class gear-change super smooth. 

When you say 'it lurches a bit on gear-change' I assume you have auto box - only use Honda specified oil and don't ever add molyslip or any other additive to an auto-box - it will make the oil far too slippery and probably stop it working altogether.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 08:19:03 AM »
culzean - good £ on the Castrol oil - I'll take a ride out to check local Halfords depot.

saxaphone

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Jazz SE CVT Milano Red.
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 02:45:37 PM »
Hi Maurice

I too am having a job finding info or W/shop Manual for the GE Model.
Its a completely different car from the previous GD model. 16 valve
engine against 8 valve. Disc brakes on the rear against drum etc.
If I find anything I will let you know.

Enjoy your Jazz !

Peter.

guest436

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 08:33:14 PM »
Hi there and welcome.

Did you have this generation of Galant?

I always liked the sharp styling. 8)

Anyway, I was told Haynes only produce a manual after approx. three years after the model went on sale and only if a certain number were sold.

I always liked the VR4  8), shame they've now fallen into the crowd who usually drive early Mk1 Audi TT's or late 90's 3-series coupes (you know the type!) ;)

Maurice

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX i-shift
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 09:56:23 AM »
Hello everyone,
Many thanks for your responses.
RichardA and yammick: yes, that was the Mitsi I drove from 2000 for 11 years.
Lovely car; mine wasn't a VR4; that was too seriously fast for me, but my GLS was pretty fast if need be. I sold it to a chap who'd owned one before and really, really liked them. Such a shame Mitsi discontinued them.
Anyway, back to the Honda Jazz. Many thanks olduser1 and culzean; good advice concerning regular oil and filter changes using Honda filters and Castrol fully syn. oil. Will do.
Also many thanks Garyman and saxaphone; bottom line seems to be that there's no Jazz i-vtec workshop manual available yet.
If anyone knows or hears anything to the contrary could they let us know.
Many thanks,
Maurice

Tags: