Author Topic: MK3 CVT service  (Read 907 times)

lennyboy

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
MK3 CVT service
« on: July 19, 2023, 02:03:53 PM »
3 years here and first post.
Coming up to 4th service on a 5 year service pack. I believe the CVT fluid is changed every 2 years so it is due  with this service. Am I correct that it should be included in the service and not an additional cost? Any advice from CVT owners would be appreciated.
Lenny

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: MK3 CVT service
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2023, 05:34:37 PM »
Yes. It should be included as the fluid change is on the Honda recommended service schedule.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

lennyboy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2023, 12:43:30 PM »
Confirmed by 2 Main Dealers, the CVT oil, in the schedule every 2 years, is a cost to owner just as a cambelt change would be, (an example quoted by both dealers). Seems wrong to me but I want to keep the car in good order so I will pay the £160 which is not ordinarily an unreasonal charge. I wouldn't have queried it if it was paid for service but why wouldn't a required 2 yearly service item not be included in the service pack? Incidentally the Honda dealership do not even mention the CVT oil change when booking in. I asked if the CVT failed due to no oil change done, "we would take that into account" was the reply.  :D

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2023, 01:28:59 PM »
I had the 5 year service pack and did not have to pay extra for the two cvt oil changes. The original pack cost £550, bought with the new car in 2016.

Tags: