Author Topic: tailored service plan and extended guarantee  (Read 1182 times)

pebbles

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 sport
tailored service plan and extended guarantee
« on: April 28, 2023, 01:38:25 PM »
The 2018 Sport is now in it's 6th year , the 5 year service plan and warranty have ended.

Honda dealer has offered next 2 services ( 6th / 7th years ) including MOT's for £670 and 1 years extended warranty for £380 inc. breakdown cover.
The services are standard  Honda 12 with 1 brake fluid change included.

Sounds a lot but chatting to a local garage and looking at his servicing prices these days there's not a great deal of difference.

I intend to keep the car for the foreseeable , do I or don't I  ::)

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
Re: tailored service plan and extended guarantee
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2023, 01:42:27 PM »
If it was me.....for peace of mind, I'd say yes.
All genuine Honda service parts will be used, not some cheap alternatives that someone can get away with without telling you.
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

Jazzdriver

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 63 mpg
  • My Honda: 2014 1.4 ES+ CVT and 2022 Crosstar replacing 2021 Crosstar written off
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2023, 08:14:17 PM »
I would too.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2023, 10:58:41 PM »
sounds good, will you be adding the clutch fluid change on as you are doing the brake fluid?

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2023, 05:00:50 PM »
My car is now in its 8th year, and I took out the year 6&7 deal, which included 2 MOT’s but not a plug change as the mileage is only 60k. I haven’t enquired about further extension as I think I may change the car later this year. The extended roadside assistance comes each year if you ask the dealer when they service it, regardless of the 2 year contract.

pebbles

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2023, 01:00:02 PM »
sounds good, will you be adding the clutch fluid change on as you are doing the brake fluid?

I'll ask them if it includes bleeding the clutch , be interesting what they say especially as it only takes a few extra minutes.

According to the service schedule the manual gearbox oil should be changed at 6 years or 72K miles but with low mileage cars the dealers seem to ignore the time intervals , same with the pollen and air filters.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2023, 01:28:28 PM »

I'll ask them if it includes bleeding the clutch , be interesting what they say especially as it only takes a few extra minutes.

According to the service schedule the manual gearbox oil should be changed at 6 years or 72K miles but with low mileage cars the dealers seem to ignore the time intervals , same with the pollen and air filters.

they dont include the clutch fluid and it is £53 extra, do you think you will be doing it or just leaving it?
thanks

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/tailored-service-plan.html

pebbles

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2023, 02:17:49 PM »

they dont include the clutch fluid and it is £53 extra, do you think you will be doing it or just leaving it?
thanks

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/tailored-service-plan.html

leaving it , lol ,  like I said I'll have a word but I'll probably end up doing it myself at that price. Did you manage to do it , was it easy ? , I know you said access was a problem.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2023, 04:04:01 PM »

[/quote]

leaving it , lol ,  like I said I'll have a word but I'll probably end up doing it myself at that price. Did you manage to do it , was it easy ? , I know you said access was a problem.
[/quote]

im still thinking about having it done at the next service, not made my mind up yet

hope your service goes ok  thanks

Tags:

anything