Author Topic: What tools are my Honda Jazz missing?  (Read 3050 times)

9prcLwMW

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2019
What tools are my Honda Jazz missing?
« on: September 26, 2022, 11:06:28 PM »
Hi,
so i bought a used Honda Jazz 2019 and I can see that at least one tool is missing (think it is called a "car jack" in english). Added a picture of what I could find in my trunk.

#) Does anyone have a picture of the standard "car jack" or know how to order a new one?
#) Are there any other standard tools that should be in the trunk that is missing for me now? What does your trunk contain?

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
Re: What tools are my Honda Jazz missing?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 01:46:56 AM »
nothing as you dont get a jack so tyre gunk and compressor and tow eye and screwdriver is normal, i didnt get whatever is in the bottom compartment of your boot though, is it a warning triangle or something?

on the mk2 you got a jack as you had to jack the car up to fill the tyre gunk but this compressor does all that now
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 01:48:31 AM by monkeydave »

9prcLwMW

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2022, 02:08:06 AM »
So a jack is not included by default? Where Im from, we are required by law to change to winter tires. How am i supposed to change tires without one? So to me, this is strange.... but then again, this is the first car I've owned. Do the jack need to have some kind of speciel adapter to fit the jack-points in the car? Or will any jack do?

What does mk2 mean? Im guessing this is a version of Honda Jazz?

In the bottom compartment... the red thing?? Yes that is a warning triangle. The white box above it... I have no clue. Think it was some kind of adapter.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 07:52:42 AM »
What you have in your upper picture is exactly what came with my car when new. Honda’s thinking is that they don’t give you a spare wheel, so you don’t need a jack. If you are mandated to change to winter tyres then I guess you have to make your own arrangements. I think if you buy the space-saver kit, you get a jack and a new shallower foam insert to stow it.

One other thing that should be in the car somewhere is a key for the locking wheel nuts. It may be in the unidentified white box, or possibly the previous owner kept it in the glovebox.

And yes, “Mk2” (Mark 2) refers to the previous model of Jazz ... you have a Mk3.

Beachball

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 i vtec navi
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2022, 08:18:08 AM »
When I purchased our Mk3 (2019) Jazz,I got rid of the compressor and "gunk" and replaced it with a second hand "space saver"spare wheel,jack and wheel brace.
Locking wheel nut was in glove compartment.

pebbles

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 sport
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2022, 10:01:43 AM »
When I purchased our Mk3 (2019) Jazz,I got rid of the compressor and "gunk" and replaced it with a second hand "space saver"spare wheel,jack and wheel brace.
Locking wheel nut was in glove compartment.

same here ,  also managed to get the different polystyrene insert cheap

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2022, 10:30:01 AM »
So a jack is not included by default? Where Im from, we are required by law to change to winter tires. How am i supposed to change tires without one? So to me, this is strange.... but then again, this is the first car I've owned. Do the jack need to have some kind of speciel adapter to fit the jack-points in the car? Or will any jack do?

What does mk2 mean? Im guessing this is a version of Honda Jazz?

In the bottom compartment... the red thing?? Yes that is a warning triangle. The white box above it... I have no clue. Think it was some kind of adapter.

As others have already stated, when the Jazz is fitted with the emergency tyre repair kit, it is not equipped with the jack and wrench. In many cars it is stated in user's manual, that the jack is intended for emergency use only, not for seasonal tyre change. Therefore I recommend that you purchase a better, i.e. more reliable and stable jack for seasonal winter/summer tyre change. Genuine Honda jack is ridiculously priced and made in China. If you have a hard surface to work, then a proper, good quality trolley jack is the most convenient.

If you want original Honda tools, here are the numbers and prices I paid:
89211-S05-003 Wrench, wheel    34,30 €
89310-T5A-E01 Jack    129,53 €

And if you want to replace the repair kit with a proper full size spare wheel, like I did, please see the post #40 on my thread: https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=12071.msg96644#msg96644. I have listed there all needed items and product numbers for the conversion.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 12:02:50 PM by TnTkr »

TnTkr

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2022, 10:47:57 AM »
One other thing that should be in the car somewhere is a key for the locking wheel nuts. It may be in the unidentified white box, or possibly the previous owner kept it in the glovebox.

This may be depending on the market area. Mine, which I bought from Luxembourg, does not have locking wheel nuts as standard.

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2022, 11:43:47 AM »
As above.
The only other comment I'd make is that the jacking points on my 2018 Jazz have a fairly wide folded part of the seam, something like 10mm wide, and the jack top needs to have a suitable groove feature to fit over this.

I bought a "used" Honda spacesaver wheel from fleabay (double check the correct size/tyre spec for your model), it had never been fitted to a car though. I actually got a 15" foam insert and jack etc intended for another car (Hyundai??) and slightly modified the top of the jack to suit the Jazz.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2022, 01:59:46 PM »
If you intend to always carry a spare wheel , full sized or spacesaver, you will need to carry a jack (and wheel nut spanner)  in the car.

If you wont be carrying a spare, but only wish to change 4 wheels yourself  summer and winter  you will find using an emergency jack is  ok for changing  one in an emergency, but quite hard work doing four.      A small hydraulic  trolley jack that you can leave at home does a better job.

If you need an emergency scissor  jack  a Honda original will be quite expensive, and it may be hard to find a used Honda one..
You can buy universal scissor jacks  new  but they are typically a bit too long.

For the same price, or even less, you can buy a second hand compact jack that was supplied in the emergency tools of another make of car.  Sometimes these have never been used.   If searching for one on Ebay, I found the best way was to search for a  jack from  a particular model of small popular car. Try several car , eg for  a Renault clio, Ford fiesta etc until you find one that looks suitable.  Like this one.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363906058016?hash=item54ba7dc720%3Ag%3ALHQAAOSwVcFienEw&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4AykALqkBHjI8TxbO%2B9icFStUIbRCzvVPckKvvlEH5o6DssBLlygOKwrHaDJpOt60FNGdNvsnHcs%2FXKb1asyFSQMp%2FPbPabH7zkU65qUqB1sjBNDLQe11IB5GAw7zhYj5jxEAUtDZu4wQmGOYq38%2FMYNYu4k3qDOWg0X6XH40Qhi0EcaLFTUybso0yjgQW1aVhrBkjl3%2BEPAJddVOT6F2qHrsWYIu4L9%2BA%2BictsuXll1OLnKidWry15kVly0oeY6CJrW%2BGpoEQUl2qFjIQ%2F97WFQuzYW%2BOOeHb0uYYw%2Bw%2Byc%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR_jCgPHvYA&LH_ItemCondition=4        Some listings also include a wheel wrench/spanner. 

If using a non Honda Jack  (,either emergency or trolley jack )  you may, as others have pointed out, need to span the sill on the Jazz.    One way of doing this is to buy a Hard rubber pad, with a suitable slot in it.

Something like this  -(just an example - chose one that will fit your car and jack) 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183992390713?hash=item2ad6cd1439:g:xekAAOSwW6RcuZnY&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoGoA37LWmTOAMRQ3ll5yoVNcmUT7PKwo%2FuudnlY8eJM4%2FtVSRdk9zx81nceAJF%2FFaWeZcYrz2L9GxTpmVzr5ECSwy8eA7LzI%2BsPmPDAqZti%2FNNRbvd7RB6gRmBRJ86u72SehgvJ13l1qrKAz3TfrJTdrGz3PdS8mWYjveH5YD92%2F72XvsJpKLr9xX6EAa8HfgTwed0wE%2Fv9QFYntRTsU724%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR9ikivDvYA
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 02:10:30 PM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Wilmo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.5 Sport 2018
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2022, 02:37:00 PM »
Cox motor parts in the UK sell this:
https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-shop/draper-jack-wrench-set/

Doubt they will ship to Europe and would be pricey but there must be somewhere in your home country that would sell a similar set.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2022, 03:29:47 PM »
Just go along to your local breakers yard & ask for mk Jazz tool kit in jack handle etc You then have. Honda part at fraction of dealer price.

9prcLwMW

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2022, 02:06:26 AM »
Hi again,
and thank you for all the replies. I've learned so much.  :)

Is "shallower foam insert" the same thing as others here have called a "hard rubber pad"? https://www.jula.se/search/?query=lyftskydd&area=products&f.range.from=39.9&f.range.to=295.9&sort.by=relevance&sort.order=desc

And this "shallower foam insert" is to be put on top of the jack and needs to match the jacking-point of the Honda right? I took pictures of what I believe are the jacking points, and they measure 9 mm * 900 mm. So none of the shallower foam inserts from my link seems suitable... I cant just put the jack directly to the jacking-point?? Guess I'll have to import this thing from abroad  :(

Thanks for the tip of buying a quality trolley jack instead of Hondas own - and indeed very pricey - scissor jack. Like one of these perhaps? https://www.jula.se/catalog/bil-och-garage/garage/lyftdon/domkrafter/garagedomkraft-013584/

"Locking wheel nuts" seems to be some kind of anti-theft system when I google. Is this correct? Where is it usually located? When I look at my tires... all I could find was 4 pieces of 17 mm bolts. Am I missing something. Attaching picture of my tire.

TnTkr

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2022, 06:31:45 AM »
Locking wheel nuts are nuts, that cannot be turned with common hexagonal wrench or spanner, but requires a special tool. It looks you have regular nuts just as I do.

Regarding the trolley jack, the one you linked is a low quality one. It is not very stable and will probably not last very long. I would not buy that one. You can easily see the sturdyness looking the weight of the jack. The one in the link weighs 12 kg, a good one needs to weigh at least 25 kg, unless it is an expensive aluminium jack. As a rule of thumb you cannot get a decent 1,5-3 ton trolley jack under 100 € (about 1000 SEK). Look at for example Bahco or Meganex jacks, or this .
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 07:12:49 AM by TnTkr »

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2022, 07:44:16 AM »
Is "shallower foam insert" the same thing as others here have called a "hard rubber pad"? https://www.jula.se/search/?query=lyftskydd&area=products&f.range.from=39.9&f.range.to=295.9&sort.by=relevance&sort.order=desc

No, it’s a tool stowage that fits on top of a space saver when one is carried. Your first pictures show a black foamed plastic insert in the wheel well. If you want to carry a space saver (or indeed a full size spare), you remove that and bolt the wheel down to the fitting underneath (note: some later cars don’t have this fitting because Honda changed the design so it’s difficult to carry any sort of spare wheel). Then there is a different, shallower, foam plastic tray that sits on top of a space-saver to take all the tools. Some pictures here:
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=14810.msg121392#msg121392

Re the locking wheel nuts, you don’t have them so you won’t have the key either. One of the four nuts on each wheel would look obviously different and could only be removed with the special key. I thought they were standard across all markets, but it looks like Honda only provide them for areas which have high rates of alloy wheel theft (like the UK). If this is a problem in your locality, they’re not expensive and could be a good investment.
https://hondadirectparts.co.uk/parts/honda-jazz-genuine-parts/jazz-2016/accessories-jazz-2015/honda-jazz-2016-2019-wheel-lock-nuts-black/

Tags:

anything