Author Topic: Android phone operation using Bluetooth audio  (Read 920 times)

PWV

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: New Jazz Hybrid
Android phone operation using Bluetooth audio
« on: September 24, 2022, 04:14:20 PM »
My Android phone connects to Bluetooth without issue.
I select Bluetooth audio and it plays songs I don't have.
On closer inspection it opened some files that are on the internal storage and opened a Huawei audio app. So I deleted them and changed the audio default app to VLC, let the app detect my audio files on the SD card.
Then tried again but the same thing happened.
So before connecting to the car I opened a music file with VLC ready to play.
This time it played the VLC music track but wouldn't move forward to another track.
Anyone any solutions?

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: Android phone operation using Bluetooth audio
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 04:22:47 PM »
Not me.  Is it a fairly new Huawei?    I believe for some years now they have been subject to sanctions and cannot use the normal android operating system and some apps. .  They have their own operating system  ,which although similar in some ways, may be causing compatibility problems.  You may find a work round on a Huawei specific site  but its way beyond my  knowledge.  But someone on here may know.   

If you cant find the solution or  a workaround  an alternative may be to put your music  on a compact usb stick  and play by usb rather than bluetooth.  The car can display and find tracks, albums etc  but you may not find it a satisfactory alternative.   
These ones are very compact  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114887610194?epid=14032162154&hash=item1abfd5cf52:g:PlAAAOSwDvxioS~O&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoC6q66a4VE67PoGfOJT7DfuEDM%2FwUTD0L5LMDXiuKi2%2FDsVjtSJX9D5dEccYqUreX6KRfetRZC2It%2BLVQnqE9vvGRfymSXZjCNh1oE9m4UqV2MbRMy8XQtfjNoS34VAged%2FOJMHm8QYcBz9jzAYd2qEYOkCaWOQdQvKBIJVrWUHpdH9kw1VL0Me9Erqjo%2BpgG3EeSyg424VHXu%2FE8rzS9pM%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR8j-m4LuYA
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 04:47:03 PM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

PWV

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 07:58:11 PM »
I think I will try a memory stick, presumably if a call comes in it would pause the music. 
I don't know if the Bluetooth phone connection is designed by Honda.
If I put music in the internal memory folder I am sure it will play.
How to get it to pick up the music folder on the SD card is the problem.
Need an update I would think.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2022, 05:23:38 AM »
I play my music from a USB stick and have my Android phone connect wirelessly.

Be careful with your choice of memory stick as the MK4 seems picky. This one has worked perfectly for over a year now whilst the ones I used in my Civic kept failing :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077Y149DL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2022, 09:45:59 AM »
I play  music from a usb stick.  I put the music on from my Desktop computer  . The car is able to follow the albums and  tracks and artist details ,and search for them. I assume these details were added  by the the music host thingie on my computer. I think they use little sidecar files but its way beyond my knowledge.

Only problem so far is the tracks and albums are not ideally arranged and I would like some playlists. . I havnt quite figured out  yet how to get these onto the USB stick. There is probably a way, but if all else fails I could create the playlists as new albums.

When you plug a usb in, and select usb as an option, a menu comes up, you just select 'music'.
Id recommend  just putting a few music files and albums  on the  stick initially   until you know it can do what you need
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2022, 10:11:53 AM »
I also use a tiny USB memory stick to play audio files. I have only once seen my Android phone, (self connect) wirelessly to the car so if I want to use AndroidAuto the phone has to be in the data USB socket, so memory stick not possible.
Neil Ives

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2022, 10:52:19 AM »
The USB needs to be formatted as FAT32 and that puts it under FIFO, first in first out.

If you want your music in a particular order then that's the order it must be saved. You can override that with random play though.

Whenever I want to add a new album or track, I format the stick then use Windows 'send to' in the order I want. You can send a complete album across and that 'should' save it in the album track order. Just save each album one at a time.

Hope that makes sense.
Let's be careful out there !

PWV

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2022, 06:10:26 PM »
Thanks everyone for your input.
I used a windows formatted mem stick with some music folders added in a folder called music - with nothing else on the stick.
As far as playlists go selecting tracks copying to a new folder named playlist or whatever would work.
The Honda USB music app seems to work ok.
Repeat and shuffle, an ability for me to search folders and select some music.
But still need an answer to getting Bluetooth audio to access music on the SD card. 
As it was said above, then I can connect my phone to Android auto, which incidentally seems to work ok now, although, I am on my third lead, or maybe it's updated.

Since writing this reply I did some research on Android Auto.
Within the settings of the App on one's device ( Honor 7C) we have to select which apps will be visible when connected to the Jazz.
So before connecting I choose a media player ( VLC) opened it and let it detect my music from the SD card.
Then, in settings, I configured Android auto to display VLC then connected to the car and it sees VLC and I can use it to play music.  It looks at first light that if music is in lots of folders it might play one folder at a time then need manual input.  ( Not tried Google assistant yet). However, shuffle play seems to work.
I then selected maps and the display changed to navigation and music continued.
What I thought was good was it showed title and artist as play started on the main display status bar and on the instrument panel.
So will probably not bother with Bluetooth audio.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 11:56:08 AM by PWV »

Tags:

anything