Author Topic: Push start key not in car sound.  (Read 955 times)

guest6667

Push start key not in car sound.
« on: September 08, 2022, 08:10:23 PM »
Does anyone know the whereabouts on a jazz EX, the  tweeter warning that tweets when you remove the push start key from the car while the engine is still running .
Mine has gone very quiet suddenly.
Has anyone else  had this problem?.

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
Re: Push start key not in car sound.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 10:05:54 PM »
Mine is still in fine voice.
 I often say. "It's ok. I'm coming back"  ;)

New neighbours, probably think I'm nuts.....  ::)
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

Paulwhitt20

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2022, 08:28:34 AM »
Sorry to hijack this thread, but we have an issue with the car not detecting the key. When locking or unlocking the car from the key fob it is fine and you can start the car no problem, but after starting the car it beeps with the key not detected symbol. We have replace the battery in the remote and also tried the spare key but it still beeps every time you start the car with the key not detected, even though it must have detected the key as the car has started.
2015 EX.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Paul

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 09:18:05 AM »
Has it always done this during  your ownership of the car, or has it only just started doing it?

I think I read somewhere a while ago that with some cars   (not necessarily Jazz)  the key needs to be in fairly close proximity to  the receiver on the  car .    .  Could this be the issue. ?

Are you sure of the quality and age of the replacement fob  battery? 
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Paulwhitt20

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2022, 09:56:02 AM »
We’ve had the car since new, and it has only started doing it a few months ago. Keys usually kept in front cup holders (when driving) or pocket. Where is the receiver? 
The dealer replaced the key battery and we have several times so I don’t think it can be all the key batteries are faulty
Thanks for the suggestions.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2022, 11:55:56 AM »
On cars with stop start buttons I think its usually  close to the button. .  Otherwise they are typically near any steering lock.
But if its only just started happening  thats probably not the issue,at least not directly.   It may need  expert attention.

If you havnt already done so  it may be worth carefully reading relevant areas of the owners manual, which may offer a clue.  I have in the past owned a car years  before finally discovering some  obscure  electrical switching option  to do with keys, security systems ,central locking etc.
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags:

anything