Author Topic: Ttachometer  (Read 971 times)

Wonder

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV
Ttachometer
« on: September 18, 2021, 08:09:30 PM »
Hello to all,
a curiosity I saw some videos in which you can see the engine tachometer in the upper part of the speedometer,
I can't find it in my car, is it because I'm not able to view it or because my car is Italian and maybe it doesn't have this indication?
Thanks for your help
(sorry for the mistakes i used google translate)

sportse

• Approved Member
Re: Ttachometer
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2021, 08:12:01 PM »
I’ve seen it too - in some countries they sell a mark 4 with a normal petrol engine.

I think the tachometer is only for the cars with the normal petrol engine instead of the hybrid model.

Some of the normal models also get a rear centre armrest but we don’t on the hybrid.

Wonder

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 09:03:54 PM »
yes you are probably right, it must only be for the petrol version and not for the hybrid one.
The rear armrest is definitely for the Japanese version, I don't know if for other markets too,
the Japanese one also has the light under the sun visors, or at least there are no such lights on mine, I don't know if they are provided in the English version.

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 09:05:31 PM »
On the non hybrid Mk4 Jazz which includes a rev counter, the hybrid battery gauge on the left is replaced by a coolant temperature gauge, rather than the 2 stage water temp warning lights of the hybrid model.
The rev counter would serve little purpose on the hybrid model, as the engine is frequently off and, when running, tends to operate at fairly constant revs.
The blanked off switch panel near the gear selector on the hybrid model has an engine stop/start disable switch on non hybrids, which isn’t required on hybrid models.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 09:08:32 PM by IanG »

Jeff15

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Very good
  • My Honda: 2022 Jazz EX Midnight Blue
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 10:07:40 PM »
No point in a rev counter on a Hybrid.... :)

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2021, 10:54:46 PM »
I had a Lexus hybrid version of my Auris hybrid as a loan car once that actually did have a pointless Rev counter.

In normal mode you had a dial that told you how much power you were using/regenerating but when you put it into sport mode the dial became a Rev counter.

Perhaps they thought sports cars should have Rev counters, but it was completely pointless.

Interestingly the sporty Lexus version of the Auris was actually fractionally slower as it had more equipment and sound deadening.

guest9814

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2021, 04:55:18 AM »
I had a Lexus hybrid version of my Auris hybrid as a loan car once that actually did have a pointless Rev counter.

In normal mode you had a dial that told you how much power you were using/regenerating but when you put it into sport mode the dial became a Rev counter.

Perhaps they thought sports cars should have Rev counters, but it was completely pointless.

Interestingly the sporty Lexus version of the Auris was actually fractionally slower as it had more equipment and sound deadening.
Damn i whant this power meter to be there....
In new HR-V e:HEV at last japanese one this powermeter present, not undertstend why not in Jazz, at last when displayed fuel economy and remainning KM/Mile - there could be aditional slim bar for ev power usage.

Tags: