Author Topic: Which car survey - Crosstar = most satisfying small car  (Read 3151 times)

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
Re: Which car survey - Crosstar = most satisfying small car
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2021, 10:45:19 AM »
I've had my Mk4 EX for nearly 5 months and have not seen another one, or a Crosstar, actually on the road, in the West Midlands area.
It certainly looks as though sales are not going well.
That's a shame, since I regard mine as the best Jazz yet, out of the 5 I've owned.
As others have said, where's the Honda advertising?

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2021, 11:19:04 AM »
There is a Toyota dealership about 3 minutes walk from my house. They sell a lot of cars. I've seen loads of the new Yaris hybrid and other models as well. Everything I read about the new Jazz, including people on this forum, indicates that the Mk4 is by some distance the best Jazz yet - maybe price a factor?

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2021, 06:42:30 PM »
I've only seen one black Jazz near Southall and no Crosstar.
My car was parked in Tentelow lane between the Three Bridges and Norwood Green, (outskirts of Southall) last Tuesday. The car is Midnight Blue, so in the torrential rain, may well have looked black. I live in the Midlands but we were visiting our daughter. While my wife and daughter were shopping I did a nostalgic visit to my childhood haunts.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 09:01:27 AM by Neil Ives »
Neil Ives

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2021, 03:32:25 AM »
:)

My only spot was quite a few weeks ago and near the Western International Market.
Let's be careful out there !

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2021, 06:44:06 AM »
Looking on autotrader there are around 310 21 Jazz for sale and 380 21 Yaris for sale, so there are cars are out there for sale.

Prices seem quite similar too, but the Yaris is much more heavily promoted.

(There are 745 21 VW Polo for sale so perhaps production/delivery of the Jazz and Yaris was slower this year)

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2021, 04:38:42 PM »
I wonder if there might be a lack of new cars available at the moment?

I’ve seen second hand EX Jazz up locally for more than list despite a couple of thousand miles.

Also, one Crosstar at a main dealer with over 2500 miles on it up for sale for £24,500!

At those prices people are likely to choose something else.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2021, 05:00:55 PM »
There was an article in the Times at the weekend saying the same.

There was a list of used car prices across a lot of manufacturers costing more than new.

Crazy times.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2021, 08:12:12 PM »
See post below 'HONDA EUROPE'
Perhaps they are getting worried at the lack of sales!
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2021, 04:33:01 AM »
Assuming that post is genuinely linked to Honda Europe.

MicktheMonster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz 1.3S, 2009 Civic 2.2D SE
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2021, 08:50:22 AM »
I was in a Honda dealer yesterday enquiring about a Crosstar, if I ordered it now, they would expect delivery around December or January.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2021, 10:40:48 AM »
If you want a Crosstar, don't bother to order and wait there are plenty of new unregistered ones on Autotrader, many at ridiculously discounted prices, for immediate delivery.
Don't forget that you can buy a cor on line anywhere in the country and if too far for you to go they will deliver for a nominal charge.
I have bought many cars like this, even before the 'plague' took hold. If you have a P/X it is even simpler as they will deliver your new car and drive your old one back. You both agree a price for your old one with a full and frank description and photos of your car and the agreement is that as long as the car is as you have described , the deal is done. If not they simply discuss an adjusted, agreeable P/X allowance or they drive away.
Looky here, below. Don't be tempted by some greedy dealers who are charging MORE for their ex demos than you can buy a new one for!
Good luck.
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?sort=price-asc&postcode=bh148rt&radius=1500&make=HONDA&model=JAZZ&aggregatedTrim=Crosstar%20EX&include-delivery-option=on&price-to=35000&newCarHasDeal=on
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2021, 08:23:39 PM »
Plus a selection of ex-demonstrators at https://usedcars.honda.co.uk/en/used-cars/approved-cars/all-brands/all-models?country=gb&unitSystem=imperial&currency=GBP&currentSearch=honda&price_type_switch=price&reg_date_from=2020&manufacturer=21&model=2139&hybrid=1&zip=W1+1AA&radius=5000&warrantyProgram=22&sort=price:DESC#result-tools-top .
These prices seem incredibly high. There is usually at least £1000 discount off the price of a new car.
And as for the APR finance rates? Much higher than the 5% (which in my opinion is still high) on a new Honda.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2021, 08:48:34 PM »
I bought my Jazz through carwow, the first time I’d used them.

Several of the local dealers were offering similar discounts on the list price for brand new cars to the spec I’d requested.

It was an easy process as the price was already agreed before I took the test drive just to confirm before placing the order.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2021, 10:46:11 PM »
At our Polish Honda dealer, we closed the deal with a discount of 9% plus delivery on Vredestein Quatrac all-season tires. Total discount about £1900. We happy, dealer apparently also satisfied.
If nothing goes right, go left!

Tags:

anything