Author Topic: Bloody Petrol Crisis  (Read 1557 times)

guest10672

Bloody Petrol Crisis
« on: September 27, 2021, 10:57:17 AM »
Well I was supposed to go and eyeball the Jazz today. Two problems.....PETROL and PETROL.
Can't get petrol where I live, all are closed, then if I did manage to get some squirt where I am and drove down (over 100 miles) to view/buy the Jazz then where on earth do I find petrol.
Clearly someone somewhere didn't think this whole thing through.
Oh well an Indian Curry for Christmas dinner then. :(

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Bloody Petrol Crisis
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 11:43:04 AM »
I have a pal who is vegetarian and drives an electric car. To say he is smug at the moment doesn't even come close!!

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 12:09:47 PM »
I have a pal who is vegetarian and drives an electric car. To say he is smug at the moment doesn't even come close!!
He still has to wipe his arse though, presumably. Because you know what will be panic bought next!

We don't have a petrol crisis, we have a panic buying crisis due mainly to our selfish nature.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 12:11:41 PM »

Doesn't he realise we have a looming chronic electrical shortage coming up ( due to total lack of understanding of reliable power generation by our clueless virtue signalling politicians ), and electricity costs at the moment are only moving one way, it will soon be more expensive to run an EV than an ICE ( and still a lot more expensive upfront cost, that will no longer be offset by cheaper fuel ), and then there is the range anxiety of an EV to consider.   No need to be smug about being a veggie either,  the transport and processing footprint of veggie foods, and the damage to environment of large mono-crops like Soya can be very real...

Renewables like Wind and Solar have turned out to be an expensive failure, being so unreliable - but the farm operators still get paid even when they are not producing - the road to madness is lined with fans on sticks.

The extra methane that veggies / vegans produce will more than offset any reduction that may happen due to not having cows etc. Some areas are only suitable for cattle and cannot grow any other 'food'.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 12:23:51 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest10672

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 12:36:12 PM »
He still has to wipe his arse though, presumably. Because you know what will be panic bought next!

We don't have a petrol crisis, we have a panic buying crisis due mainly to our selfish nature.
Yuk, electric, not me. The excessive cost to replace batteries is frightening. I'm glad I'm at the evening/night of my days on planet Earth.
The smug faces of those who "believe" we will survive gets on my. threepenny bits. Come a day.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 01:21:59 PM »
What crisis?, just drive to nearest Motorway services and fill up with unleaded £1 58 p litre, or better still come along to our local shell station just increased up to £1 48 up 12 p overnight.
We have to avoid the media hysteria.......on many issues. Oh and turn off the web.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2021, 02:12:42 PM »
What crisis?, just drive to nearest Motorway services and fill up with unleaded £1 58 p litre, or better still come along to our local shell station just increased up to £1 48 up 12 p overnight.
We have to avoid the media hysteria.......on many issues. Oh and turn off the web.

When I need fuel, and this madness is still going on, I intend to find the most expensive petrol station in the area and go to that. My daughter paid just under £1.60 for BP unleaded the other day. Not much of a queue at all!

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2021, 03:07:46 PM »
My petrol bought Thursday night before panic started was £1.299/litre.
(Just saying). 8)

Watch natural gas prices.

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2021, 04:22:38 PM »
With fuel stations running dry the next time we can fill up we will all be getting pure E10 petrol undiluted with old stock of E5. 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 06:30:51 PM by Pine »

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2021, 08:05:17 AM »
Surely the problem is resolving itself,  a week ago, rode in a minicab, the driver had queued for 3 hours only  to be rationed  to a purchase of  £25 .
At 07 30 am , walked past my Tesco petrol station (London)  16 pumps, it has a near monopoly in the area, all  the rest closed down for housing development,  16 pumps and only 8 cars prrsent, all filling up or paying,, both  grades of petrol , diesel all  available, no queues or rationing. 

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2021, 10:28:17 AM »

I think the scare mongering is just another example of media manipulation of the gullible and orchestrated to cause chaos. Since it mysteriously coincides with the end of the government furlough scheme on 30 September, one might reasonably expect more traffic on the roads. Nothing is ever said or done without a purpose.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2021, 10:45:09 AM »
Fuel prices haven't risen locally, not above normal anyway. That's in mid Lincolnshire.

Vic.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2021, 11:01:50 AM »
Some signs near our way (Warrington) that things are getting back to normal. The Sainsburys petrol station has taken down the queuing measures they had in place at the start of the week and, although busy, it was only like a normal busy day. The Esso station nearby has jacked its prices up and there were only a couple of cars filling up as I drove past.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2021, 11:32:22 AM »

I think the scare mongering is just another example of media manipulation of the gullible and orchestrated to cause chaos. Since it mysteriously coincides with the end of the government furlough scheme on 30 September, one might reasonably expect more traffic on the roads. Nothing is ever said or done without a purpose.

Don't PANIC.

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2021, 11:50:48 AM »
The "meeja" are a nightmare, some worse than others. They don't report news, they create stories, Shock-horror-probe headlines, much of the TV meeja are just verbal red-top tabloids.
I watched the speech by the Labour leader, not because I have any real political leanings but it was raining, I was having lunch, and I wondered how he would come across in his first real public speaking role. To then hear the stuff on the various news stations made me wonder if I was watching the same speech, a totally different twist was presented.
So many of the journos moaned about how long the speech was (about 90mins), which just shows the limited attention span of their feeble little minds. They lurch from one shouty headline to the next, look how quickly the meaty news events get forgotten. Kids with new toys.

There are some decent news channels out there, just not UK based ones.

Tags:

anything