Author Topic: Uk roads… joke  (Read 856 times)

swhull

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si 1.4 i-vtec
Uk roads… joke
« on: September 10, 2021, 04:39:02 PM »
Got a screw in front o/s tyre, right on the edge of the shoulder. Obviously the tyre place won’t repair it, and I’d feel dodgy driving on it patched up anyway.

As I was going to replace both rear tyres as they are odd, old and slightly cracked on sidewalls I thought I might as well replace all 4.

So got 4 Toyo Proxes for £280 inc fitting from black circles.

Expensive screw! Just wish we didn’t have so much debris on our roads  :'(

geoffchats

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi
Re: Uk roads… joke
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 04:50:14 PM »
Got a screw in front o/s tyre, right on the edge of the shoulder. Obviously the tyre place won’t repair it, and I’d feel dodgy driving on it patched up anyway.

As I was going to replace both rear tyres as they are odd, old and slightly cracked on sidewalls I thought I might as well replace all 4.

So got 4 Toyo Proxes for £280 inc fitting from black circles.

Expensive screw! Just wish we didn’t have so much debris on our roads  :'(
Bad luck! I hit sharp, metal debris on the M1 a couple of years ago and blew both offside tyres on my 2009 I-Shift Jazz, resulting in a cold, wet wait on the hard shoulder before the low-loader arrived for my lift home! One of the alloys was bent too, but it was repairable! I also opted for four Toyo Proxes and was absolutely delighted with them over the couple of years before I sold the car. You've chosen well...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

swhull

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 08:27:58 PM »
Sounds pretty miserable!

I’ve had a few screws/ nails in my tyres before, but usually they’ve been repairable at the tyre shop. This one was just unluckily located.

Yes the proxes are good, hoping they don’t attract anymore roque screws though!

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 04:03:32 PM »
Thumbs up for Toyo Proxes. Used them along with a few other brands over the years and now stick with them. Recently replaced the dreadful Dunlop 2300's with Toyo's. Quiet and transform the car's handling and are coincidently very popular with day track eventers.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 04:05:46 PM by MartinJG »

swhull

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 05:38:06 PM »
Thumbs up for Toyo Proxes. Used them along with a few other brands over the years and now stick with them. Recently replaced the dreadful Dunlop 2300's with Toyo's. Quiet and transform the car's handling and are coincidently very popular with day track eventers.

They seem to be popular with the Jazz. As I have the Si with the 16” wheels, this sometimes limits the availability of tyres it seems, especially at local tyre places. Online is fine though.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2021, 12:26:36 PM »
Being a driving instructor, I have a nail in my cars around 6 times a year...each time £15 to repair.

I m usng Maxxis PremitraAP3 all season on both of my vehicles at the moment. Price seems reasonable and gives good grip during the  snow we have had earlier this year.

Tags:

anything