Author Topic: Servicing my 2018 Jazz Sport  (Read 1085 times)

johnproblem

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz sport
Servicing my 2018 Jazz Sport
« on: August 26, 2021, 01:32:04 PM »
Hi all experts! My 2018 Jazz Sport has done less than 3k miles since its 2 year service. It's now due for the year three service.  A full service for such a small mileage seems a bit excessive especially as it costs so much. Would a simple oil change be OK?

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
Re: Servicing my 2018 Jazz Sport
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 03:06:37 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  :D

Yeah, I would be tempted to just go oil and filter. Even if it has not done the mileage, be very good for the engine. I change the oil & filter on my Jazz every 8k, so that's twice a year for me.

Be well worth getting the brake fluid changed if it hasn't been done already. Brake fluid ages and is hygroscopic, so would be £50 or so well spent getting it done too for peace of mind.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 12:01:41 AM »
3rd service is a small service oil/filter and engine air filter and mot, im going for mine next month at main dealer plus i get another years AA with the service, i checked and its £139 on the AA website for national relay and homestart, so not too bad really and seeing as im keeping this car for a very long time as i cant see myself going electric its worth it to me
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 12:03:29 AM by monkeydave »

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2021, 09:41:55 AM »
... plus i get another years AA with the service,

I found you have to very specifically ask for that and ask again when collecting the car.  They didn't do it on our old Jazz that son-in-law drives and when he let the battery go flat they refused to help him.   Dealer didn't give a toss.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2021, 04:30:31 PM »
... plus i get another years AA with the service,

I found you have to very specifically ask for that and ask again when collecting the car.  They didn't do it on our old Jazz that son-in-law drives and when he let the battery go flat they refused to help him.   Dealer didn't give a toss.

yes you have to ask every time, dont ask, dont get as they say

johnproblem

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz sport
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2021, 09:11:49 AM »
Many thanks repliers - will get oil and filter change plus brake fluid change as most of my driving is in town. John.

Tags:

anything