Author Topic: Exhaust Centre Section - trouble finding where to buy everything  (Read 2635 times)

Richie

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4
Exhaust Centre Section - trouble finding where to buy everything
« on: February 24, 2024, 03:23:28 PM »
HI,

New member so apologies if this is already answered but I cant seem to finds it.

I have to replace the centre section of my 2007 Honda Jazz 1.4 GE3 but I am struggling to find out what parts I will need (apart from the actual exhaust section) and also where to buy them. There seems to be a lot of site that sell the middle section itself but not any of the extra stuff like bolts/gaskets/clamps

Anyone care to share a site that will supply the necessary and, if its not too much trouble, what parts I will need (clamps, gaskets etc)?

Much appreciated

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Exhaust Centre Section - trouble finding where to buy everything
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2024, 08:47:37 AM »
Can the exhaust be repaired,or have you asked around at local breakers yard. Last suggestion try Honda Dealerships clearing out old stock. First call coxmotorparts.
Avoid any parts from China

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 10:41:46 AM »
The disadvantage of fitting yourself , apart from the problems of safely working under the car, is  things dont always go to plan. Things may not separate easily, needing heat or cutting  , a replacement part  may not fit existing pipes exactly without some 'fettling'  , a part you had expected  to retain  gets  damaged  during dismantling etc.   And find various rubber suspenders etc  perished or missing  even on sections you are not replacing.   

You could have a half completed job delayed for days waiting for extra parts  to be delivered , or buy more bits than you actually needed.   Good savings can be made DIY and although if you were  only changing a rear section it   may be relative trouble free it can be a pig of a job.

Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

c.lday44

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Honda Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSi
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2024, 05:47:30 PM »
HI,

New member so apologies if this is already answered but I cant seem to finds it.

I have to replace the centre section of my 2007 Honda Jazz 1.4 GE3 but I am struggling to find out what parts I will need (apart from the actual exhaust section) and also where to buy them. There seems to be a lot of site that sell the middle section itself but not any of the extra stuff like bolts/gaskets/clamps

Anyone care to share a site that will supply the necessary and, if its not too much trouble, what parts I will need (clamps, gaskets etc)?

Much appreciated

I had to spend about £80 on ebay for a noname exhaust pipe and fitting kit seperately (£60ish and £20ish respectively)

Tags: