Author Topic: Hello from Orkney  (Read 1295 times)

orcadian

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz SE
Hello from Orkney
« on: December 24, 2018, 05:25:16 PM »
Just a quick hello to you all from Orkney,

Picked up our Sept 15 Gen 3 Jazz SE on Saturday from the Dealers.  I drove it home about 120 miles plus the ferry and so far very pleased with the package.  One previous owner and just over 16000 miles.
Will post in the relevant section of a couple of relatively minor issues and questions,

Retired aero engineer, into cars and motorcycles, too many toys in the cupboard!

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Hello from Orkney
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 05:34:31 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 09:33:37 PM »
Orkney - a big Electric Vehicle area as well - were you ever tempted?

orcadian

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz SE
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 10:05:21 AM »
Orkney, land of wind turbines and electric cars!

Yes we did consider an electric vehicle - no trees but Leafs everywhere.   So although most of our journeys are into Kirkwall once a week (40 miles round trip) and a few others of a dozen or so miles, we also occasionally drive South to Yorks/Lancs which could be a bind.  I’m 70 next but we are both fit enough at the moment to still enjoy Germany and Austria, so petrol is still the choice.  We did test drive a 2012 Jazz Hybrid which was fully loaded (were they all?)  but more than twice the mileage and of course was the previous body shape.  A potential battery bill in years to come would cancel any MPG improvement.  Fuel economy is not really an issue - i still have a 4 litre Supercharged Daimler for hooning and although it returns 25mpg, I can get it down to 2 🙈

Regards,
Ian

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 10:27:45 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  8)

We're reasonably frequent visitors to Orkney and have a few good friends on one of the outer north isles. It's a smashing place to live, and I can't help being a little bit envious... We'll be joining you one day soon, so watch out  :D

Tags: