Author Topic: Condensation in Crosstar  (Read 6463 times)

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
Re: Condensation in Crosstar
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2020, 06:49:04 PM »
It also depends on the state you leave the car in.  If it is humid and warm in the car, then that moisture has to go somewhere as the cabin cools down.  Best to let cold air into the car before you lock it up for the night.
Soon after getting my Jazz I found one morning the inside of the windscreen was very wet with condensation (no other windows). I tried the tip above, when getting home I opened all the doors and tailgate for 10sec or so to let the warm air out and cold air in. Since doing this I have not had any condensation on the inside of the screen in the cold mornings. It's a bit of a faff, but it seems to work in my experience.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2020, 07:13:07 PM »
But if Honda offered a heated windscreen then the problem would be solved.
Seriously having the option of a heated windscreen would certainly increase the attractiveness of the Crosstar for me. That and a self dimming rear view mirror of course.

hotweiss

• Approved Member
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2020, 09:52:11 PM »
Seriously having the option of a heated windscreen would certainly increase the attractiveness of the Crosstar for me. That and a self dimming rear view mirror of course.

Lack of a self-dimming mirror is almost a dealbreaker for me...

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2020, 10:16:36 PM »

Lack of a self-dimming mirror is almost a dealbreaker for me...
That’s my problem as well. I’ve got used to self dimming rear view mirror and a heated windscreen so doing without them will take some careful thought. Mind you I’ve also got electric memory seats which with 2 drivers is a real boon because you program the seat position to your individual key fob. When either driver unlocks the car with their key fob the drivers seat quickly adjusts to that drivers preference - no faffing around with manual adjustment to get it just right. Guess I will have to accept there are always compromises when changing cars.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2021, 12:26:27 PM »
I have just watched this (below) Honda video and he says the Crosstar has a heated windscreen???? I can find no mention of this anywhere else.
Any ideas? Perhaps it went the same way as the heated steering wheel in the Crosstar claimed in the Honda U.K. on line brochure. (now updated.)
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/new/202012317531087?model=JAZZ&price-from=19000&newCarHasDeal=on&postcode=bh148rt&radius=1500&sort=price-asc&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&price-to=30000&advertising-location=at_cars&aggregatedTrim=Crosstar%20EX&make=HONDA&only-delivery-option=on&page=1&modal=video
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2021, 01:12:30 PM »
I don’t think a heated windscreen is fitted in European market Jazz models.
I saw a Japanese Fit video showing a heated windscreen button in the switch panel that includes the parking sensor and headlight aim adjustment switches but think this may only heat the windscreen wiper part of the screen, same as fitted to some Kia models.
The Japanese market windscreen also appears to include a green tinted sun screen across the top edge of the glass.
The UK website specs still show a rear centre armrest, which is included in the Japanese spec but don’t think this is fitted to any European Jazz models. The Republic of Ireland Honda website also shows tilting mirrors in reverse as standard from mid spec and above (SR and above UK equivalent model) but again, I don’t think this feature is actually included.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 01:16:22 PM by IanG »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2021, 02:28:48 PM »
Wouldn't you think they could get the website accurate.

Let's be careful out there !

guest10167

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2021, 05:13:00 PM »
I don’t think a heated windscreen is fitted in European market Jazz models.
I saw a Japanese Fit video showing a heated windscreen button in the switch panel that includes the parking sensor and headlight aim adjustment switches but think this may only heat the windscreen wiper part of the screen, same as fitted to some Kia models.
The Japanese market windscreen also appears to include a green tinted sun screen across the top edge of the glass.
The UK website specs still show a rear centre armrest, which is included in the Japanese spec but don’t think this is fitted to any European Jazz models. The Republic of Ireland Honda website also shows tilting mirrors in reverse as standard from mid spec and above (SR and above UK equivalent model) but again, I don’t think this feature is actually included.

The Honda Belgium brochure I received from my dealer also mentions the tilting mirrors for mid and top spec. Not a word however in the manual. When I select reverse, there’s no tilt  ::)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2021, 05:59:43 PM »
My post #118

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=12540.118

UK showroom showing MY21 Jazz EX with tilting passenger mirror.
Let's be careful out there !

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2021, 07:44:31 PM »
I guess it’s covered by an ‘errors and omissions excepted’ clause.
Perhaps some non European markets have these features and the European specs weren’t finalised when the documents were published.
I think drive away door locking is a feature in some markets and I’ve noticed that some countries don’t have the power door lock button on the drivers door panel. Perhaps these cars are the ones with drive away auto locking.
There are also some countries that have a ‘TRIP’ button in the lower half of the large instrument brightness button. Perhaps these versions have a more limited trip meter and don’t require the comprehensive trip counter options accessed by the steering wheel controls. These models appear to have some of the steering wheel controls blanked out, such as no voice button. The blank button near the gear selector has a defeat switch for the engine stop/start in traffic feature, which I suspect applies to the non hybrid engine only and isn’t applicable in the hybrid engine, which would manage the engine shutdown as it sees fit.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 07:29:55 AM by IanG »

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2021, 09:41:40 PM »
I've written to Honda U.K. asking them to clear up the anomalies re heated windscreen, heated steering wheel and dipping mirrors.
Also asked for comments re condensed screen.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Tags:

anything