Author Topic: Showroom closures  (Read 3487 times)

guest3042

Showroom closures
« on: May 20, 2016, 08:30:53 AM »
Cheshire Oaks Honda, near Chester just collected my Jazz Hybrid for service and the guy told me that they were very busy because the Oswestry (Shropshire) and Liverpool showrooms had closed. Sounds ominous.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Showroom closures
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 10:36:14 AM »
Collins Honda in Bexhill and Trident Honda in Weybridge also now closed with Collins Honda Herstmonceux and Trident Honda Ottershaw taking on the workload respectively.

There was a link posted on here to an interview with the MD of Honda UK stating that four dealers had gone last year - can we draw up a list of these dealers? Bexhill only closed the end of last month but Weybridge and Liverpool are two on that list.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 02:16:48 PM »
The Liverpool Honda dealer closed acouple of years ago, bests ervice in North West either Greenacres in Blackburn or Clitheroe they treat you like a customer. Unlike other coffee shops around here.

DWF

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 03:41:37 PM »
Every time Honda UK send out a questionnaire I always write in capital letters asking them to open up a Liverpool dealership, the 30 odd mile round trip down the M62 ( Warrington) during rush hour is no fun. I've bought my Mk3 from Southport at least it not quite as bad a drive.

emmerdale

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX 2013
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 03:47:07 PM »
I'm with you old user they are pretty good,coffee is not bad either

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 08:10:03 PM »
Every time Honda UK send out a questionnaire I always write in capital letters asking them to open up a Liverpool dealership, the 30 odd mile round trip down the M62 ( Warrington) during rush hour is no fun. I've bought my Mk3 from Southport at least it not quite as bad a drive.

I'm lucky in terms of a main dealer in that I live in Warrington but it seems extraordinary that there is now no main dealer in a city the size of Liverpool.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 03:40:16 PM »
Cheshire Oaks Honda, near Chester just collected my Jazz Hybrid for service and the guy told me that they were very busy because the Oswestry (Shropshire) and Liverpool showrooms had closed. Sounds ominous.

Interesting.  I wonder if that's been done to support the Cheshire Oaks dealership?   It's always seemed deserted whenever we've been in there and it must have cost a fortune to build and be expensive to run.

Tags: