Author Topic: spark plugs  (Read 6265 times)

guest582

spark plugs
« on: June 09, 2009, 02:56:08 PM »
Does anyone know what sort of spark plugs are fitted in the new jazz (i.e. normal ones which have a change interval of 25000 miles or iridium ones which have a change interval of 75000 miles)?
I am asking because I have taken out the Honda 5 year service plan and the documentation I got from the dealer does not mention changing the plugs. I wondered if this was because the iridium type were fitted.
Thanks.

guest911

• Topic Starter
Re: spark plugs
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 08:32:30 PM »
Hi Tony,

If your Jazz has the service indicator system you'll find when "4" appears on the display you need to replace the fuel filter, inspect idle speed and replace spark plugs.  Page 49 of your service book lists all the items.  Page 38 - fixed price servicing - says replace plugs at 25,000 miles so I guess they're not iridium.

Hope this helps,

Mozart.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 08:42:17 PM »
Ive searched NGK, Denso and Champion and found no listings for the new jazz model.

I think you're gonna have to ask a dealer on this one.

guest582

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 04:24:46 PM »
Thanks Mozart but the footnote on page 38 of the service book says "where applicable", so I am not so sure that this applies.

Jazzy B gave me the idea of searching the Internet for the plug type (NGK DIFR6A13G) and this brings up a couple of PDF extracts from Honda documentation. A Google automatic translation of these from the Japanese indicates that the plugs are iridium so I am happy with the situation now.

It is an indication of how far cars have improved over the years I guess cos I recall when I first started driving (1960s) a plug was only good for 10000 miles.

Thanks for your help.

Tags:

anything