Author Topic: Honda Car Insurance  (Read 34298 times)

jamjar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
Honda Car Insurance
« on: February 22, 2023, 04:24:53 PM »
Hi all, Can anyone suggest which company gives the cheapest insurance quote for their MK4 Jazz/Crosstar?

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
Re: Honda Car Insurance
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 04:41:46 PM »
...Not sure there's a correct answer to that!

I got a decent quote last year from Admiral and then a poor one this year so moved to Bank of Scotland who were pretty good this year around £260 - that was using Compare the Market.
The fact that I am not you doesn't help you in your search I'm afraid as you may get a crap quote from both of those companies  :-\ ???

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 04:49:23 PM »
Different insurance companies have variable criteria, starting with location mileage, and occupation. One man's best buy does not just transfer to anyone else. Comparison site is your friend.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 05:24:32 PM »
Be very careful with comparison sites and always read all the small print

A broker friend has had dealings with comp sites disgruntled customers.

The accusation is that they cut cover to reduce the quote because most people go with an insurer in their top 5 hits.

As I posted a while ago, one young lad entered his shop for a quote. My friend scrutinised his current insurance and found that his current policy didn't include any night driving, which he'd been doing as he wasn't told, not highlighted.
Let's be careful out there !

Guinness 2

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Sunlight White
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 06:05:07 PM »
My experience tells me to be careful with a company that gives you a cheap quote - they are making their money somewhere and it is probably on Customer Service if/when you have an accident, theft etc.  I always look at Which? magazines best buy companies and then find which of those can give the best price.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2023, 05:36:21 AM »
And that is the crux, how well do they perform at payout time.

As a similar example I looked up that Smartinsurance company that frequently advertise on TV, just out of interest. Looking at Trustpilot they seem to be OK but when you dig deeper there are loads of 5 star reviews but they are all the same ... 'easy to setup'.
Then there are the 1 star reviews that are all at claim time.
Unfortunately the 5 star far outweigh the 1 star.

One story highlighted the 'no medical or blood test required'. Then a person died from a sudden unexpected asthma attack and they refused to pay out.

Like a lot of Amazon 5 star reviews, 'arrived on time', nothing to do with the product = be careful

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2023, 01:12:07 PM »
But they do, under different brand names.

Ah, but will the price be the same?  ;D

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Trader
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2023, 07:56:24 PM »
Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you wish.
Regards,
Dan.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2023, 08:44:40 PM »
What the hell is going on?

My insurance is not due for a few weeks but have just had insurance quotes from Money Supermarket for my Mk4 Jazz EX
Premiums range from £1553 up to £1994, for fully comprehensive insurance. No, those figures are not misprints!
Last year I paid £585, which I thought was extortionate then, but we are now talking plus £1000 increase!

Ok, so I’m 86 years old, but have had a clean licence for the best part of 70 years, last accident (no blame) was in 2015, included are my daughter and son-in-law, also with clean licences and no accidents.
Are the insurance companies trying to wipe us oldies off the roads?
Perhaps someone of a similar age and history can tell me where they got their insurance?

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2023, 07:39:34 AM »
For us, two 60 year olds with max no claims bonus and 12k a year, Direct line £220 a year fully comp. I have used DL for the last 15 years, so might be helping.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2023, 07:46:04 AM »
I was with DL for over 30 years, claim free, but that made no difference.

Every year they provided the postal auto quote with the "nothing for you to do, it will auto renew" even though the auto renew was always a 50% hike and I had to phone them.

In the end I switched to LV=, much to DL annoyance. When I phoned to cancel any renewal they said I should have phoned. Told them I was sick and tired of phoning them every year as every year they tried it on, even though every year I also told them to take me off auto renew.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2023, 08:22:44 AM »
...Insurance company loyalty?  :o I doubt it  ;D

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2023, 11:54:10 AM »
I am with AVIVA and have been for years. Their service (I had a prang) is second to none.

My HR-V Advance cost me £235 from January 15th '22 fully comp group 31.
When I renewed, now for my CR-V ('22 reg e:HEV SR) cost me £338!! Group 24!
everyone I know bar one has had extortionate premium increases this year. Thank you Putin! >:(
A WORD OF WARNING.
SWMBO was insured by Lloyds Bank, had her Jazz totalled and the f@rting about to get it sorted out nearly caused her to have nervous breakdown. She had to deal with 4 different companies, encountering problems and poor service/delays at every turn.
My Tip
DO NOT insure with any company that is in fact NOT an insurance company. E:G: any Banks, John Lewis, AA, RAC, Tesco, etc etc
They are only as good as the actual. underwriters they use.
Also never waste your money on legal cover! The whole point of car insurance is that it is the insurance company's responsibility to handle your claim including taking the third party to court if necessary. So why pay twice?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 11:57:15 AM by Karoq »
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2023, 01:03:31 PM »
I think its a bit too simplistic to say avoid obvious non  insurance companies.   If you look closely at the big names you normally associate with insurance ,many  of those are little more than insurance brokers, who use a variety of insurance underwriting syndicates  to spread their risk.   Some syndicates  they may effectively own but  others may be independents, and  often cover is a combination of several underwriters covering different aspects such as windscreen cover etc.
  When I raised my annual mileage to 12000 pa (not exactly mega miles)   with a well known  'Insurer', (not my present one) they changed the underwriting syndicate  , who were more amenable to quoting for a higher mileage  . Ostensibly I was still with the same  on line quoting 'insurer'. Except I wasnt,exactly.   Maybe  cutting out middlemen such as banks and supermarkets   helps, but  you still need to shop around. 

Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

jamjar

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2023, 01:49:23 PM »
In the end I switched to LV.
I am with LV & my renewal quote just came in, increase of £225. Initial searches showing much cheaper prices so will not be renewing with LV.

Tags: