Author Topic: Bluetooth adapter  (Read 1523 times)

nastradin

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Bluetooth adapter
« on: October 23, 2022, 08:46:37 PM »
Hello,
A few weeks ago I bought a 2011 Jazz, and would really like to have Bluetooth connection with my phone so I can take calls while driving. Could someone recommend a suitable adapter? I'd also like to continue to use the USB port - heard that some of the aftermarket adapters require removing it.

Thanks

GBH

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 EX Auto
Re: Bluetooth adapter
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 03:14:49 PM »
Cannot give a difinitive answer but have a Connects2 unit on my Jazz and still retain the USB port. The problem is that it is not particularly intuitive to answer a phone call and have, annoyingly, missed several incoming calls.  The unit plugs in where the CD player normally does, so you lose the CD player (not that I use it as all my CDs are now on USB sticks.

Have a Parrot MKi9100 which I installed on our VW Golf (MK4) which is fantastic and it has an accessories lead incuded that has (amongst other connections) a USB port. I found it quite easy to fit once I found the correct fuse in the fuse box (on the end of the dash under a lid, so no crawling around, contorting myself to look up under the dash!).

Also bought a Parrot CK3100 for the Jazz but am still struggling to connect it - bought a Connects2 wiring harness specifically for the Jazz but it was faulty (now repaired) but it seems to have too many connector blocks and too little instructions so have given up on that for the time being.

Bury do quite a nice unit but I have no experience with this and therefore cannot say if fitting is easy or if you could retain the USB port.

Not sure if the Jazz USB port is a proper USB connection - think it is a half-way-house type of connector that does not do everything a normal one does. I'm sure there are people on here who will be able to explain the limitations better than I am able to.

I think it boils down to exactly why you want to retain the original USB port.

nastradin

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2022, 09:38:25 PM »
Thanks for the detailed info. I'm not really looking to retain the original USB port, I just like to still have the option to play music from USB drive. If the USB port is on the additional module, that's fine. So far I've seen a few products which claim to add bluetooth + USB support, like https://www.crutchfield.com/p_249BTSHN2/Crux-BTS-HN2-Bluetooth-Interface.html?tp=68488.

GBH

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2022, 08:27:22 AM »
The Crutchfield device looks interesting - they had a good reputation for quality when I was working in the audio/visual field (back in the day).

GBH

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 09:21:30 AM »
Thought I should just post a small update on the Connects2 device fitted to my Jazz Mk2.

Found that the simplest way to answer a phone call was to use the buttons on the radio rather than the remote ones on the steering wheel. When listening to the radio it is much easier/quicker to identify and hit the AUX/DISC button and then the appropriate radio channel button Also the sound quality was good as the supplied microphone has a foam "wind sock" cover that cuts down extraneous noise so I didn't have to keep repeating what I had just said.

Only down-side for this kit is that there is no display caller number / name, but otherwise it appears to work well and be relatively simple to fit.

Tags:

anything