Author Topic: TCut replacement for Pearllescent White.  (Read 2360 times)

davejazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz EX 1.5 May 22 in boring black!
TCut replacement for Pearllescent White.
« on: June 27, 2022, 06:58:48 PM »
Greetings all

So, my new mk4 has arrived, which means that,my 2016 EX is about to be launched on sale, and I want it to look it’s best. I have had the car since 2018, and the onboard display, shows 54.4 mpg over 20000 miles. I have loved the car, and would be keeping it, if it just had a bit more “puff”, going up hills!

When the first owner purchased the car, they were sold the AutoGlym paintwork protection, and I have used the same brand, to shampoo the car, every couple of weeks. However, I can see the paint surface, is not as good as I believe it could be. Advice please, on what I should use, to avoid damaging the lacquer finish.

Thanks in anticipation.

Glosrich

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Jazz S iVtec
Re: TCut replacement for Pearllescent White.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 07:40:19 PM »
Any sealant polish will give it a good shine and fill the scratches temporarily to make it shine.
I would avoid using any cutting products unless you know what you are doing as you could make a mess.
Halfords sell all the usual, from the old school Autoglym super resin polish, to more modern spray on wipe off sealants like Turtle Wax Hybrid spray sealant.
Get some microfibre clothes and you'll get a lovely shine.

hemming

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 08:37:03 AM »
I had Lifeshine treatment when I bought my car 10 years ago so I'm not really in a position to help on your main query.
However, I am a bit puzzled about the need for a bit more "puff" going up hills. Surely if you put the cvt in "S" mode and put your foot down you should get all the power you need? It certainly does in mine!

davejazz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz EX 1.5 May 22 in boring black!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 06:43:06 PM »
Any sealant polish will give it a good shine and fill the scratches temporarily to make it shine.
I would avoid using any cutting products unless you know what you are doing as you could make a mess.
Halfords sell all the usual, from the old school Autoglym super resin polish, to more modern spray on wipe off sealants like Turtle Wax Hybrid spray sealant.
Get some microfibre clothes and you'll get a lovely shine.

Many thanks for the reply.

I have decided to go with the  Autoglym super resin polish.

After looking on Tebay, Amazon etc, I found the 1 ltr. cheapest at Halfords!!

The resin polish is described as “mildly abrasive”, so do I have to go gently

With the elbow grease?

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 10:17:52 PM »
You'll be fine with Super Resin & clean cloth. I found Autoglym to be good even though new entrants get more coverage. Wash the Jazz first before allowing to dry then apply the polish.
Always clean the front number plate,the door step fr & Rr then front screen inside outside and front wiper blades. It will add another £££ to your sale. If accepting cash only hand over keys V5 after you've paid in cash at your bank. Good luck with the sale.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2022, 12:40:10 PM »
Yes - Autoglym Super Resin Polish is an excellent choice to "refresh" the paint. It has some cleaners but it also has "fillers" which can temporarily mask swirl marks. It offers a bit of protection as well.

Tags:

anything