Author Topic: Honda halt Crosstar production ?  (Read 2485 times)

chicksee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz Crosstar
Honda halt Crosstar production ?
« on: June 24, 2022, 11:05:43 AM »
Phoned the dealer this morning as I had received a few emails from them over the past month about upgrading my 2020 Crosstar, just wanted to find out what sort of deal they were offering.
The dealer informed that Honda had ceased production of the Crosstar due to certain parts not being available, he thought this was temporary but couldnt confirm this.
Other models were available if I was interested but if I did change I wanted the same as I already have.
Has anyone waiting for Crosstar delivery heard anything about this?

sportse

• Approved Member
Re: Honda halt Crosstar production ?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 01:28:18 PM »
Quite a few manufacturers have paused production lines, so it's not unique to the crosstar.

Some manufacturers are also altering the spec of cars, removing accessories that require chips so that they can make as many standard cars as possible instead.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 10:30:18 PM »
I am not sure why anyone would buy a downgraded spec car unless they were desperate and their current car had died! I certainly would not spend £20k+ on a car that had been ‘decontented’ to fit the supply of components.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 10:12:04 AM »
There are people ordering 50k Volvos and finding they don't have blind spot monitors/etc!

Several people have traded in their old car, and found the replacement brand new car has less equipment than their old one...

It's an unusual situation with cars at the moment, but won't last.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 11:12:15 AM »
Honda can have my RDMS and ACC chips back  ;D
Let's be careful out there !

BROC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY24 ZR-V Advance
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 12:05:52 PM »
I am not sure why anyone would buy a downgraded spec car unless they were desperate and their current car had died! I certainly would not spend £20k+ on a car that had been ‘decontented’ to fit the supply of components.
I would imagine a lot of people who are desperate for a new car have leases or PCP contracts that are due to end and they need to hand their current vehicles back.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2022, 02:28:00 PM »
I guess if you have a PCP expiring you have a choice to go for another PCP or buy the existing car. I wonder if the depreciation of decontented cars will significantly exceed that of fully equipped cars. Buyers might be in for a rude shock when it comes to selling a decontented car in a few years time. Why would a used car buyer pay top price for a less than fully equipped second hand car?

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2022, 06:17:53 PM »
See photo

Tags:

anything