Author Topic: What good reasons are there to buy a MK4  (Read 4683 times)

edam

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
What good reasons are there to buy a MK4
« on: January 19, 2022, 03:49:28 PM »
and PX my low mileage MK3

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
Re: What good reasons are there to buy a MK4
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 04:03:29 PM »
It is the best Jazz ever made, nothing is perfect but vey close.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 04:21:16 PM »
Go for a test drive and make your own mind up.
Let's be careful out there !

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 04:22:15 PM »
I part exed my Mk3 for the Mk4 last October. The new car is better in almost every respect - not that the Mk3 was a bad car.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 04:55:57 PM »
A test drive is recommended - I could tell within 10 minutes it was a good car. I've had loads of brand new loan/hire cars and the Jazz is good quality/performance. (Better than a recent Volvo XC40 T3 loan car I had - that costs £34k+!!)

The 5 year service package cost about the same as one normal service on my trade in Volvo, so I expect running costs to be minimal over 5 years worth of services (it might be 6 years if your mileage is below 12.5k/year - the package says 5 services, the first one is at the end of year 1 so it could actually cover you for 6 years.)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 04:57:58 PM by sportse »

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 04:58:12 PM »
I part exed my Mk3 for the Mk4 last October. The new car is better in almost every respect - not that the Mk3 was a bad car.
Exactly my sentiments, changed last April, currently 6600 miles on the clock, MPG has dropped slightly, due to Winter conditions, but is still showing 66.8 mpg over that total mileage, so well satisfied.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2022, 05:11:25 PM »
I agree with Kremmen. No one else can decide for you. Of course it also depends on how you like or dislike your Mk3.
Let's say you get a super price on your Mk3, also some discount on the Mk4. Then you start counting £££££ and decide for yourself if it's wise to buy a new Jazz or if you're better off keeping your Mk3.
Another possibility is of course that after an extensive test drive you are so in love with the Mk4 that money is no longer an issue.
A Mk4 at all costs!
If nothing goes right, go left!

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2022, 05:40:58 PM »

Same reasons
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

Hub

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 62mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2020
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2022, 05:52:36 PM »
My 3rd Jazz, 3rd Toyota Hybrid  and the Mk 4 Jazz is definitely  the  best. Test drive then you'll  buy one!

edam

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2022, 06:44:49 PM »
I have owned 2 Mk1,s, 1 Mk2 and 2 Mk3,s so you can say Im a fan but the Mk4 seems to have more leg room.
All my changes have been caused because of my duff leg

dfconnolly

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz e-HEV EX and 2019 CRV e-HEV SR
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2022, 06:45:39 PM »
Silent pulling away from rest with plenty of torque from the electric motor (engine at operating temp). I traded in a 10 year old hybrid which had more torque than any of the conventional powered Jazzes (got £5.5k trade in against a £20k demonstrator EX. The heated seats and steering wheel are superb and greatly appreciated in this cold weather. The MK 4 Jazz has become the car it always should have been. I never changed my my 2 hybrid as the Other MK 2 and MK 3 cars were poorer in performance….they never had a my 3 hybrid…….the MK 4 is a different animal with great improvements in power, fuel economy and comfort. The only car I like better is my CRV hybrid
!!!
From the advert "Who knows where you’ll go?"

JJazz

• Approved Member
  • Exiled Scot
  • My Honda: 2023 Honda Jazz EX in midnight blue beam metallic
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2022, 07:23:21 PM »
Around 625 miles for 40 litre tank.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 10:39:21 AM by JJazz »

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2022, 09:17:32 PM »
Around 625 miles for 40 litre tank
That’s pretty amazing, for me because all my driving is usually clear motorway my range is always under 400 :(

Still pretty good and around 50mpg.

Hugh R

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX Grey
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2022, 11:22:24 AM »
Totally agree with everything said. One terrific improvement would be if they added Self-Park, which the all electric version has, so it surely couldn't be too difficult or expensive to put into the Mk. 4 as an extra. 
Self-Park is an often derided or overlooked feature which some manufacturers ignore and others embrace - my previous car, a Mercedes A160 (the one that Honda seemed to copy for the Jazz) had Self-park even in 2009, and though I've been driving for over 60 years it's still something that's terrific.  And yes, I can still park fine, but often prefer not to look at the reversing screen. 

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2022, 12:44:59 PM »
Around 625 miles for 40 litre tank
That’s pretty amazing, for me because all my driving is usually clear motorway my range is always under 400 :(

Still pretty good and around 50mpg.

Yes - I think that's interesting. There will be quite a range of average mpg figures. Cruising at 70 on the motorway 50 mpg is pretty good. In my case I expect a huge difference between winter and summer. In the winter the ICE is on basically to keep me warm and I do a lot of short journeys. My last tank showed 48.8 actual (about 52.7 on the fibometer). In the summer, my driving profile should suit the hybrid set up very well so I reckon there will be quite big differences.

Looking on spritmonitor there is a huge range of different mpg ratings with the Mk4 - some in the mid to late 60s and some as low as late 40s. This, potentially, might mean disappointment for some and a pleasant surprise for others. So important to factor in what you use the car for and not rely on the WLTP average.

Tags:

anything