Author Topic: What good reasons are there to buy a MK4  (Read 4738 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: What good reasons are there to buy a MK4
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2022, 05:40:01 PM »
The brisk acceleration from rest is really good. It's much more of an "EV experience" than other hybrids I've ridden in or test drove.

I think the official 0-60 stat is about 9.5 secs but one tester had it at 8.6 - small margins but it's impressive all the same.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2022, 06:57:07 PM »
The brisk acceleration from rest is really good. It's much more of an "EV experience" than other hybrids I've ridden in or test drove.

I think the official 0-60 stat is about 9.5 secs but one tester had it at 8.6 - small margins but it's impressive all the same.
The great thing with the Jazz is the 0-60 is good and the same every time without stress and can be done by anyone.

To get the official 0-60 in many other cars involves a lot of wear and tear by launching them in a way most drivers never would. Sometimes revving them with the foot on the brake and then wheel spinning away.

I don’t think many DSG gearboxes/clutches would last that long doing launches all the time.

With the jazz being an EV there is no gearbox to wear.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2022, 07:01:51 PM »
The good(?) reason we bought a Jazz Mk4:
Last summer we planned to replace our Yaris Hybrid. Definitely had to be a 'real' hybrid again and not a so-called 'mild' or 'smart' hybrid.
The obvious candidate: the new Yaris, possibly the Yaris Cross. Although for me, having driven a Mk2 in the past, the Jazz Mk4 might also be a possible candidate. So we decided to do an extensive test drive in both (Yaris for a whole day, Jazz for a whole afternoon).

Our choice: the Jazz!

What are the arguments for that choice?

1. Comfort: The Yaris (on 17" rims) is significantly less comfortable compared to the Jazz (standard 16"), especially on less good road surfaces. Also, the Yaris is noisier, more tire noise. Only when accelerating strongly, the Jazz is (also very) clearly heard. The seats in the Jazz are (at least for us) clearly more comfortable.

2. Space: Not only is the Jazz (especially in the back a lot and in terms of luggage space) more spacious, the spatial impression due to the windscreen placed far forward and the narrow front A-pillar is impressive. The visibility is also very good as a result.

3. Practical: In the Jazz you will find much more storage space. After the previous Jazz we really missed the cup holders on the dashboard, double glove compartment and especially the "magic seats".

4. Consumption: In practice, the Yaris (according to Spritmonitor) is marginally more economical. The Yaris 67.6mpg and the Jazz 63.8mpg. measured over 10,000 mi. Which at about 6000 mi. per year (and Polish petrol prices ;)) make the Jazz only slightly more expensive in terms of annual consumption.

5. Finances (has little to do with the car, but also not unimportant  :D):
Although the Jazz Executive here was about € 2200 more expensive than the Yaris Executive, the Honda dealer made such an offer that the price was almost equal to the Yaris Executive including, at our request, Vredestein Quatrac all season tires. In addition, the first year all-risk insurance for € 1,- and a 5-year overall warranty.
The Jazz has the standard Garmin navigation and heated steering wheel, which the Yaris lacks.
Then we don't miss (at least not very much) the HUD and JBL audio of the Yaris.

6. Appearance/exclusiveness ;) : My wife really doesn't like the Yaris, she thinks it has a much too fat ass... Not that the Jazz is a beauty, though... But to clarify that "exclusiveness ": Here you almost stumble over the new Yaris and the Jazz... you have to be very lucky to spot one once a month.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 08:06:10 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2022, 10:28:14 AM »
Totally agree on the Jazz vs yaris  .   Although some may prefer  the styling of the Yaris  I found the interior space ,shouder room and view through the windscreen much more confined and restrictive.     

The Yaris feels like sitting in a small car.   The Jazz is borderline the next larger size sector.

Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2022, 10:51:29 AM »
I didn't test drive a Yaris because the jounos reported the 1.5 3 pot engine was coarser than the Jazz 1.5 4 pot.

Normally I don't take journos at face value but this time I did.
Let's be careful out there !

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2022, 12:05:26 PM »
Size is everything ;D ;D

I did test drive the previous model Yaris - good little car but significantly smaller inside than the Jazz. The new one looks even smaller.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2022, 03:43:34 PM »
I used to own a mark 1 Yaris hybrid but discounted the new one due to lack of space in the rear plus Toyota keeps sticking their catalytic converters out the bottom of the car where they can be easily stolen.

I’d also got close to buying a Corolla hybrid before that, having also owned an Auris hybrid, but again discounted that due to the catalytic converter placement.

Mouse

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crossstar
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2022, 02:54:38 PM »
and PX my low mileage MK3

Quite a few reasons in the UK.

1) 5 years free servicing and Warranty. (if ordered before 21st March 2022)
2) Used car prices are up 30-40% (They gave me £17,250 on a car I paid £17,500 for 26 months ago)
3) Oustanding fuel economy.
4) Extra noise suppression.
5) Revamped cabin which is outstanding.

I got the Crossstar which is fully loaded with everything except a heated steering wheel (not sure why)  :D

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2022, 05:44:58 PM »
I got the Crossstar which is fully loaded with everything except a heated steering wheel (not sure why)  :D

And except blind spot monitoring and cross traffic monitoring.  For me a (or the) reason not to choose the Crosstar (next to too much Tupperware on the outside  ;) ) .
Another reason: the too odd tire size...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 06:25:05 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

Mouse

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crossstar
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2022, 07:37:52 PM »
I don't think I will miss them but I did want the roof rails for a top box and I also felt it was a smoother ride. Another reason was they had one in stock (in black only) or else I would have to wait until at least April  :D

Tags:

anything