Author Topic: What good reasons are there to buy a MK4  (Read 4726 times)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: What good reasons are there to buy a MK4
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2022, 01:57:22 PM »
Once you approach half a tank the trip fibometer average changes more slowly and only by 0.1mpg each time.

What I've found is that above about 60mph it reduces slowly and consistently by 0.1mpg. If I drop below 60mph then it starts to climb again, slowly, by 0.1mpg.
Let's be careful out there !

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2022, 05:07:37 PM »
Looking on spritmonitor there is a huge range of different mpg ratings with the Mk4 - some in the mid to late 60s and some as low as late 40s. This, potentially, might mean disappointment for some and a pleasant surprise for others. So important to factor in what you use the car for and not rely on the WLTP average.
However, the individual components of the WLTP provide a very useful guide for the likely summer mpg by using the numbers appropriate for the usage pattern. If you spend a lot of time at >60mph then the hybrid system provides minimal benefit and that's shown by the WLTP mpg for the "extra high" cycle.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2022, 05:14:46 PM »
That's a fair comment John. Incidentally met up with a few pals for lunch earlier in the week and this issue of when hybrids are at their best came up. One friend, who does a lot of distance driving, has decided, correctly imo, to go down the diesel route (it's the latest Euro 6 and he's committed to keeping it until 2030 when he'll go EV).

AnastieByte

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX Sunlight White Pearl
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2022, 05:32:26 PM »
My wife sold her Mercedes A250 AMG Line after test driving a Honda Jazz Hybrid. It's such a great car to drive especially around towns. We did test its comfort on a four-hour drive last year and it was fine.
Highly recommend the new jazz.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2022, 06:03:53 PM »
Although I’m ‘only’ getting around 50mpg, that’s the same as I got in my Volvo V40 D3 diesel automatic I traded in.

And with no worries about particle filters, more expensive fuel, ULEZ, etc.

edam

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2022, 07:25:45 PM »
When I go for a test drive I have to make sure its a sunny day. If the MK4 stiil has the dashboard reflection then that would stop me buying one

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2022, 08:16:30 PM »
When I go for a test drive I have to make sure its a sunny day. If the MK4 stiil has the dashboard reflection then that would stop me buying one
Following a recommendation on here, I bought a can of Tesco Matt dash aerosol - it’s been great at cutting down reflections you get from the cheap polish some dealers use.

I do a lot of driving early morning with low sun, and haven’t had any issues with dash reflections in my Mk4.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2022, 04:18:02 AM »
I liberally used that Tesco stuff, after trying other matt finishes, it does seem to be the best of the bunch but I still get dash reflection. It's a lot better than it was but not perfect. You do get what has been called a 'net curtain' effect through the windscreen.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2022, 05:58:23 AM »
Reason to buy a Mk4 - it’s been voted best small car by what car:

edam

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2022, 08:23:51 AM »
I liberally used that Tesco stuff, after trying other matt finishes, it does seem to be the best of the bunch but I still get dash reflection. It's a lot better than it was but not perfect. You do get what has been called a 'net curtain' effect through the windscreen.
So you are saying that on the MK4 you still get the "net curtain effect"?

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2022, 08:49:06 AM »
Yes, but I would do your own investigation as I don't know how good/bad it was on previous Jazz models.

I opted out of the dealer DiamondBrite or whatever it was but they did it anyway. It could be that they polished up the dash as part of the treatment.

When it warms up I'm going to test a small area with Meguiars APC to see if that gets any polish off and see what's what.

edam

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2022, 09:03:02 AM »
I got a lift from a mate awile back and the inside of the windscreen on his Citreon was filthy . It did not bother him at all
I cant drive with a dirty screen or duff wipers so really notice the "net curtain".
If the MK4 still has this problem then it would be a reason not to buy

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2022, 10:09:03 AM »
Clip-on polaroids is my solution for dashboard glare but whether it's a problem for anyone depends on the position of their eyeballs which, in turn, depends on seating position and body size. I found the Mk 2 Jazz bad, the Mk 3 a bit better and the Mk 4 slightly better still.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2022, 12:04:40 PM »
Following on from the What Car accolade - Which have issued their car buying guide today. The Jazz wins the small car category hands down and is, according to their data (culled from members) the most reliable car available to buy new today.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2022, 12:21:23 PM »
...whether it's a problem for anyone depends on the position of their eyeballs which, in turn, depends on seating position and body size.

I totally agree with John. After this topic was started, I paid special attention to it under various weather and lighting conditions. Under certain conditions, I can see a faint reflection on the far lower edge of the windshield. The left vent opening and the small "blob" in the middle are then visible (you have to look closely...).
I am 1.83 m (6 ft) tall, driver's seat in the lowest position and... I wear anti-reflective glasses.
Maybe the latter helps?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 06:27:26 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

Tags: