Author Topic: vsa mode  (Read 557 times)

fatlad

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2013 1.4 se
vsa mode
« on: November 28, 2021, 09:37:11 AM »
just found out my jazz has vsa.
should it be on all the time or just when its bad weather outside?
and how do i know if its on or off?
thanks
'deny everything Baldrick'

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: vsa mode
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 09:56:07 AM »
thanks

It is on by default every time you have put ignition key back in,  to turn it off you need to hold in the VSA button ( by your right knee ) for a couple of seconds, it will beep and a picture of a skidding car with 'OFF' under it will appear by top LH of speedometer....  Best left on all the time but if you have summer tyres in snow it can sometimes be an improvement if it is off ( can allow the wheels to dig down to road surface LOL ),  if you have winter or all season tyres there is no need to turn it off as they work by gathering snow into the heavily siped tread and grip the snow.  Interestingly the old 'narrow tyres are better on snow' no longer applies with x-climate or winter tyres because the wider area you have collecting snow the better.  It used to be that the higher ground pressure of narrow tyres would press through the snow and find some grip.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

fatlad

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2013 1.4 se
Re: vsa mode
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2021, 10:01:19 AM »
thanks

It is on by default every time you have put ignition key back in,  to turn it off you need to hold in the VSA button ( by your right knee ) for a couple of seconds, it will beep and a picture of a skidding car with 'OFF' under it will appear by top LH of speedometer....  Best left on all the time but if you have summer tyres in snow it can sometimes be an improvement if it is off ( can allow the wheels to dig down to road surface LOL ),  if you have winter or all season tyres there is no need to turn it off as they work by gathering snow into the heavily siped tread and grip the snow.  Interestingly the old 'narrow tyres are better on snow' no longer applies with x-climate or winter tyres because the wider area you have collecting snow the better.  It used to be that the higher ground pressure of narrow tyres would press through the snow and find some grip.

thanks buddy...
on it is then
'deny everything Baldrick'

Tags: