Author Topic: Honda Urban EV Concept prototype spotted  (Read 2640 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Honda Urban EV Concept prototype spotted
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 08:29:59 PM »
I hope Honda market this car properly. Lots of stories of Jaguar dealers not following up enquires for the i-Pace or keeping demo cars charged up, same story with the Vauxhall Ampera five/six years ago.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 08:47:24 PM »
And Jaguar's chickens are coming home to roost!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 09:13:32 PM »
JLR put too many eggs in the diesel basket, since VWgate scandal diesels are well and truly outed in Europe and USA, but Americans never liked diesel. They relied on the Chinese market and the Chinese economy bubble has well and truly burst. People try to blame JLR woes on Brexit but that is not the case.   I see now that mother Theresa has recruited the Japanese PM in the same way that Cameron recruited Obarmy to say we would go to back of queue for trade deal, only she got  Abe to say that her deal was the best - politicians are soooh predictable.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 05:36:53 PM »
Looks good but I think I read/saw something saying they would stick with the overall styling and theme but drop the flashy details like the enormous thin wide angle screen stuck on the dashboard. Looks ridiculous. Not wild about the colour scheme either.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 05:44:46 PM by MartinJG »

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 08:23:55 PM »
It's on the Honda UK website https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/new/coming-soon/urban-ev/overview.html .

"This zero-emission, compact and innovative electric car is a modern take on the original Honda Civic and we will be opening reservations in early 2019."
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 09:00:44 PM »
I have registered my interest.

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 10:08:33 PM »

I hope they do stick as close as poss to the concept design. They do need to make a few bold strokes to capture the public imagination and regain some lost ground. So many makers bottle it at the final hurdle. To be fair, Honda have a good track record for backing their concept designs. The Civic (9th generation?) was groundbreaking as was the Jazz but their recent models are just so bland and uninspiring with a plethora of fiddly bits and pieces seemingly thrown in to make up for a dearth original ideas.

Tags: