Author Topic: T ROC  (Read 1741 times)

coffeecup

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i vtec i-shift
T ROC
« on: October 13, 2018, 08:56:58 AM »
Hi

Trying out a t-roc 24 hour test drive today, will let you know what sort of 'grilling' i get.

mike

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: T ROC
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 11:44:44 AM »
I guess the T-Roc is a Qashqai rival and the Tiguan is more CR-V competitor?

I'm normally ambivalent about VWs, I find most rather bland but the GTI/R models and the Scirocco I quite like. The T-Roc is in the latter category, I particularly like the funky Morphy Richards DRLs. Shame the interior quality isn't what you'd expect from a VW, that is after all main reason for buying a VW  ;D. I hear VW are going to clone the Seat Arona to pitch below the T-Roc, I hate to think what the interior of that will be like.

Did they give you an idea of delivery? I was thinking of replacing my Jazz with a Seat Ibiza FR Sport 115 or 150 or maybe a Seat Leon, but I often hear about quoted delivery times of 12 weeks or more. And some engines are unavailable or on restricted supply due to some WLTP cock-up by VW group - the last time I checked the Seat configuration, the Leon was only available in low spec trim with nothing more than a manual-only 115PS three cylinder petrol or DSG-only 1.6-litre diesel.

coffeecup

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 01:48:12 PM »
Back goes the T-roc, after a good test. Did about 100 miles and really likes the car, for a 1 litre 3 cylinder turbo engine it packs quite a punch, nice driving position with as much seat adjustment as you can need, my Jazz won't go back far enough for me, and i clobber the wheel when getting out, however visibility is better in the jazz, as are the wing mirrors.
No hassle from the sales guys, just took it back and that was it. Would i buy one ? No.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 06:21:17 PM »
..for a 1 litre 3 cylinder turbo engine it packs quite a punch,

One of my daughters got a SEAT Ateca with that engine last month - I was a bit concerned it would be hard work but it goes well and she's getting 45MPG from very mixed driving.  Great spec on the car - an SE-L - and under £20K cash. 

Got it 3 weeks after ordering.  SEAT are doing a thing they call Easy Move - basically there are no options apart from tow bar and panoramic roof, even metallic is included in the price.  Her car has things like full LED lights and leather seats.

I'd have been interested to get to her to look at HR-V but I'm not buying another car from our local Honda dealer and there's no realistic alternative dealer now.

SEAT Arona is their version of T-ROC, but it looks smaller.

coffeecup

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 08:05:57 PM »
Hi

Yes, i'm waiting for a test go in one of those, same chassis as the T-Roc i believe, might as well try it out. Got a BMW X1 next week for 48 hours, give that a go, then i might try the Mazda cx3, gets some very good reviews.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 08:30:24 PM »
I really like the Mazda CX3, if I was ever in the market for a compact SUV it would definitely be on the list.

The Seat Arona looks too narrow, Seat's current styling is all about the proportions, that's why it works in the Ibiza/Leon. I like the idea of no options that Seat is now taking, makes the cars more attractive to those who normally buy Asian cars. VW spent too long trying to convince us Seat was a sports brand when really they should be positioned it against Kia and Mazda - makers of stylish and well-equipped cars.

The current 1.5L engine/trim combo rules out another Jazz for me. The Civic is a contender though. Nothing will change my love for Honda, but sometimes we have to be realistic about what cars suit our needs.

coffeecup

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 08:35:06 AM »
Yes, I have enjoyed my Jazz, but it's done nearly 50k now and has the I-shift that WILL go one day. I'm six foot and can't get in and out without catching the steering wheel each time, even though its as high as it will go and seat is as far back as it will go. It goes when you rev, but to be honest i don't like revving the arse off it.

Very surprised the don't sort out a good 'torquey' engine, civic is too low for me, just don't like sitting on the floor.

coffeecup

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 01:37:45 PM »
Been for a test drive in an X1, wow, what a lovely car, 2 litre diesel with 8 speed auto box, blows the T-Roc and Mazda CX3 out the water, so smooth and quiet. however, for my 24 hour test drive I have to insure it first !!!!

Tags:

anything