Author Topic: My GD1 JAZZ  (Read 19896 times)

guest3382

My GD1 JAZZ
« on: August 04, 2013, 01:21:53 AM »
Hello everyone, here is a write up/ build of my 2006 Honda Jazz sport i-Dsi. Having bad experience with previous cars breaking down and fixing stuff all the time, it was time to invest in to a more reliable motor. At the time of searching for a new car, the Honda Jazz never actually came across as something I wanted to own. Knowing that the majority of Jazz owner's are the elderly, I couldn't see myself driving one.
Started searching through Auto Trader and I came across a nighthawk black Jazz which is the one I own today.
And here is where it all began...

This photo is just after I test drove it at Arnald Clark. When I saw it in the showroom, it was so shiny just like a brand new car. The guy at Arnald Clark was a bit pushy in wanting me to buy it, and kept asking if you test drive it today will you buy... constantly asking me. Well how can I answer you before even test driving.
I ended up buying it and drove it home a few days later.

Never intended to start adding bits and bobs to the Jazz... but once I started I don't think I stopped  :o

Started with sticking decals and badges on it to look chavy and to give it that extra bit of HP :P Joke!

Installed some 8000k HIDs headlights and yellow fog light bulbs. Later on added yellow tint film.

Did paint the brake calipers yellow too but don't have any photos of that.

Installed Heko wind deflectors, did the job but sometimes the rear ones would fall out when opening and closing the window. Also because of the shape and how they are fitted on the front, when folding the electric mirrors, the wind deflector was get squished.

Really didn't like how high the Jazz felt and felt sluggish through corners. Decided to source some lowering springs and ended up with apex springs giving a 35mm drop. Apex springs did show more lows on my previous car and did improve handling. However, I was not happy with these springs on the Jazz. Couldn't see or feel much difference. Not worth the money (i think they were about £95).

Best photo I could find showing the lowering springs installed.

Brought some BBS reps 16x7, they did change the look of the car but still wasn't sure if I made the right wheel choice.

I did like them at the time, but now I'm glad I have sold them and got a different set  :D

Here's a quick photo of how the interior used to look.

Few months later, decided on getting coilovers as I was never happy with the ride height and handling.
Purchased some BC V1 racing coilovers from the UK supplier. Was so happy when they arrived and couldn't wait to install them.

I attempted installing them myself, and this was my first ever time installing coilovers. Wanted to start with the rear, but I was unable to undo the bolt of the shock. So ended up installing fronts first, but had a few issues as I did not know at the time that you need the oem top hat for the front two coilovers.

Out with the old...

In with the New :D Made a few height adjustments and I was really happy with the results.. right height :) handling :)

Took the car to Emperor Garage to get the rear set up

Keeping them clean :D

First time failing to park on a Driveway :/

Looking pretty clean at one of my first car meets at JDMC Dudley Flood St

Had to install an oem boot spoiler as the rear was looking a bit odd. Couldn't find installation photos, but I didn't enjoy drilling holes into my car

Heko wind deflectors kept falling out, so got some mugen replicas. They now stick on the outside so no hassle when using windows and they look a lot better than the heko ones.

Ordered some JDM sized plates to replace the ugly old plate I got made from Santa pod.

Went to Honda Dealer to source a stereo fascia, picked it up for £70 i think.
Removing old head unit took a while but there is a how to on fitfreak.net where I followed some instructions.

Along came these a few months ago, thanks to a friend (alex) for hooking me up :) Rota Grids 15x7

Had a little trouble fitting them on the front, as the alloy was catching the brake caliper.

Was a bit of a sticker whore back then :/

Thanks to my girlfriend I have all these Dokumon's, sadly somehow lost the middle one :(

Got these from Driftworkz, Neo Chrom Lug nuts

Rear arch was getting attacked by the fat tyre, so had to get some work done on the arch to create more space.

Just being a snow plough :P

Also did install a K n N air intake

After a late night wash :P

Rolling shot on the way to my first South Mimms Honda meet

Have been wanting these Depo Led taillights for a while now, finally a set from UK was up for sale

Some new brake pads + disc + oil change :D

Never thought the Jazz would be in a magazine... this one was in Banzai... photo from Japfest 2013 part 1

This one found in Honda Tuner magazine :D Photo from South Mimms Part 1

South Mimms Part 2 2013, the Jazz Crew made a hard entrance :P

Latest photo...

thanks for looking through my build and random photos, comments are welcome :)

tetsky

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2002 nighthawk black 1.4 idsi se
Re: My GD1 JAZZ
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 07:40:55 AM »
Looking very nice!!! ;);)

sent from my galaxy note 2 using tapatalk

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 10:52:19 AM »
 8)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 09:28:00 PM »
 8)

Good work in getting inside the magazine!

guest4007

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 01:57:24 AM »
Hey mate, I've noticed a lot of people have got 12x6 number plates on these days. There's a mixture of comments about legality on the net, just wanted to know if you've ever been stopped before?

guest3382

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 02:47:20 PM »
Yeah lots of people have them these days... Never had a problem with the police with these plates :) i think they are safe and police dont take much notice. I did have no plate on front for a few months too and police didnt do anything :)

guest3152

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 03:53:51 PM »
Looking good tommy!

Technically, these 12x6 plates are only legal for import cars which already have them on when imported. But like tommy a said, police won't take much notice and I bet most don't even know the actual law about jdm/square plates. As long as you have the correct lettering and space between the letters then you'll be fine.
I've had mine for a little while without any problems but I know friends who had them on their cars for a very long time without problems, even when getting pulled.

guest4007

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 07:44:38 PM »
Cool, cheers for clearing that up guys. I think the square plates suit the jazz quite well. I might order a set sometime.

guest3382

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 05:44:52 PM »
Thanks Chops  :)

Yeah i think they look way better than standard size plates.

guest4249

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 04:14:52 PM »
Sick ride bud!

guest3382

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 05:24:50 PM »
Hello All 

It's been a while since I'v updated this build thread. So here's what's been happening over the past few months 

Was time to remove the wiper for a cleaner look..
So much cleaner, happy with it now 

Managed to source the Whiteline ARB for the jazz for only £125 delivered Brand New from www.partbox.com.. They retail around £167

On the middle setting, I must say its one of the best handling upgrade for the Honda Jazz! Handling has improved so much it makes driving it so much more fun round corners :)

Found these emblems on Ebay for £19.99 each which ain't too bad. Might not be OEM but they make a big different on the car. I know its not a Type R but seen them on my friend jazz's I thought they look cool.

Front one took a while to make it fit properly..

Rear emblem was easier

Pre Mimms meet down in London :P

This came in within two weeks from RHDJapan.com :) J's Racing C Pillar Bar 

Pretty simply install :D

Picked up some parts at Mimms :P Cant wait to get them installed...

Thanks for looking :D Comments are welcome

Garyman

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 09:39:33 AM »
 ;)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 09:45:33 PM »
Looking good :)

guest4991

• Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 09:19:11 AM »
any updates ??

Garyman

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 01:34:23 PM »
Tommy went back to standard wheels for a while but literally last week bought Chops Buddyclub wheels

Tags: