Author Topic: First Honda Jazz 2008 1.2  (Read 1503 times)

guest6016

First Honda Jazz 2008 1.2
« on: April 25, 2016, 08:33:06 PM »
Hello,

I purchased my Honda Jazz with 51k miles on the clock for a month now it's a 2008 First Gen 1.2 I previously had a Fiat Panda 2003 1.2 (I owned for 8 months) which I gave away due to constant problems nothing major but I like things to work. I purchased the Jazz due to amazing reliability but think I may have purchased a lemon  :'(

So far I've:
  • - Had a regular service done
  • - 4 new tires
  • - New discs and brakes all round previous were rusted
  • - Purchased a new exhaust old one was quite rusty thought best to replace sooner rather than later (not installed it yet)

Other problems with the car:
  • - Rear parking sensors don't work
  • - Few rust problems (probably not as much in the UK but I am in Portugal where rust is usually never a problem)
  • - New discs and brakes all round previous were rusted
  • - When it rains (which is rare) water gets into the spare wheel well
  • - Suspension/Spring issue perhaps that I've mentioned on a previous post
  • - Radiator is bent due to a crash which I didn't notice when purchasing but not had any heating issues at all so think its fine but will replace soon

Anyway looking forward to getting your advice and also posting up what I've done with the car.

Thanks.

guest6087

• Topic Starter
Re: First Honda Jazz 2008 1.2
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 01:11:01 PM »
Hello abd welcome  :)

guest1372

• Topic Starter
Re: First Honda Jazz 2008 1.2
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 09:18:42 PM »
Water in spare wheel well, is a know problem that is easily fixed.

Best to search on here for full information, but in summary:

Remove roof gutter trim
Dig out crumbling seam sealer right at the back
Fill in 5mm gap with polyurethane sealant (not silicone)
Use touch up paint when dry

My discs are rusty when the car has been parked out a while, but quickly clean up.
New front discs & brakes at 51k is probably fair, although you could maybe get 80k from the discs.
Can't see there being much wear on the rears

10 years from the exhaust is normal especially in warm climates.
Bit of washing up liquid on the exhaust rubbers helps get them off & on when replacing. Take a good look at the joint with the catalytic converter, the flange can rust and require effort & ingenuity when replacing the middle section. Make sure the back box is fitted to the middle with spring bolts, or an early failure and a snapped joint can occur when it starts to rust.
--
TG

Tags: