Author Topic: Rover 45 V6 and now an Honda Jazz  (Read 4256 times)

guest5079

Rover 45 V6 and now an Honda Jazz
« on: October 25, 2014, 12:20:14 PM »
Yesterday, collected a Jazz 1.4 i VTEC EX from a Honda dealer.  My old Rover 45 V6 was getting to much for me to keep going. Was very upset at what I was given in Px BUT I must admit after accepting however good condition the Rover was in, who wants an eleven year old car, whose manufacturer went out of business nine years ago and would have to pay nearly three hundred pounds to stand it on the road?
WELL Mr Honda all I can say, you might not have given me much for the Rover BUT what did I get?   A 2010 Jazz 1.4i VTEC EX I shift.  2 years free servicing ( includes materials except wear and tear) Free MOT for all the time I keep the car AND TWO yes TWO years warranty. Yes I paid good money but having read about the I shift and its problems I was a little apprehensive, especially having read on your forums about the chap who bought an EX with I shift only to have it fail. Now I have no worries. Performance?  I thought I might be a bit concerned about PUFF after the Rover, well yes there is a difference  BUT when I put petrol in the tank, to fill it from quarter full to full I only had to put in three quarters of what I would normally put in the Rover when the Rover was half full. As to the I shift, yes a couple of times I had the hesitation but in the main the change was almost as smooth as the auto box on the Rover. Yes I am gobbing off and I know I have only driven the Jazz for thirty odd miles but it sure is a nice quiet, comfortable car that doesn't feel small on the inside.  My Wife hated the Rover finding it too heavy, hopefully after tomorrow when she has an quiet drive she will feel a lot more confident.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Rover 45 V6 and now an Honda Jazz
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 04:54:17 PM »
Welcome,  hope you have many happy, trouble-free miles in your Jazz - I am sure your wife will love driving it as well.

Not surprised you have noticed how much smaller the Jazz fuel tank is than the Rover one - The Jazz tank is only 41 litres.

I surmise that your Rover 45 (based on 6th Gen Honda Civic body) had the complicated 2 litre KV6 engine with the dodgy head gasket, designed by Rover, wonder why they didn't use a Honda engine ?

Rover KV6 was also licensed to KIA motors who set up a plant to manufacturer it in Korea.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 05:05:50 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 05:31:16 PM »
Jazz tank is 42 litres.

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 06:10:23 PM »
Thanks for the comments But I must defend the old Rover. The V6 lump was a completely Rover unit. As I understand it BMW messed about with it. Head gaskets were not a problem unless the engine was cooked by not watching the fluid levels. It was the 1.8 that was the headgasket job. 
I am amazed at the intelligent forums as the Rover ones although helpful were not always so. I am avidly reading the forums and I have learned so much already. Especially about the lack of a spare and the wheels that will fit saving the fortune required for a genuine Honda. My old Rover had a brand new never used spare, if only I had known. I promise no more Rover on with the Jazz

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 05:00:50 PM »
Hello and welcome.

Sorry to hear you didn't get much for your Rover although its understandable for the reasons you stated. I forgot the Rover 45 ever had a V6 engine.

Two dealer chains local to me are running a scrappage scheme of min. £2,000 in px - one even on seven year old cars (crazy!). Neither sell Honda though.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

Tags:

anything