Author Topic: Crosstar picked up and thanks  (Read 1062 times)

Terryp

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda jazz EX crosstar
Crosstar picked up and thanks
« on: March 24, 2023, 01:39:28 PM »
Picked my crossstar up yesterday afternoon and the rain gods won’t work with me. She drives beautifully and has had some great comments on how nice it looks including a few who couldn’t believe it was a jazz.

Like to say thanks to the forum for all the tips and advice, it actually made picking it up painless. Have Honda+ telling me the car is unlocked even though it isn’t. Thanks all.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Crosstar picked up and thanks
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 01:43:45 PM »
Yes, there a lot to learn and tweak to your liking.
Let's be careful out there !

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 02:04:07 PM »
Honda asked me to take part in a zoom call some months back for customer feedback on the app, and (one of the!) most annoying things was on boot it always showed the last condition before switching the car off, and you have to wait for it to load and then manually reset it top left to see the current condition of locked and windows closed in the garage! Why does it not do the condition at time of app loading automatically?

Jazzfan49

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 jazz 1.5 I-mmd SR Crystal Black
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2023, 04:00:46 PM »
Congrats and lucky you, my SR Jazz should have been delivered on this coming Monday but apparently Honda have had 2 shipments arrive at virtually the same time causing a delivery bottleneck, can’t get an accurate delivery date apart from it may be another 2 weeks   :'( oh well have to wait a bit longer but I’m sure it will be worth waiting for.  :D

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2023, 06:08:26 PM »
Hello ! Worth the wait ! I’m impressed by our SR even more so after 22,000+ miles . I do believe the real hybrids like ours are a way forward and expect some improvements from the F1 tech which apparently are giving 50 % efficiency from hybrid technology in their race drivetrains?

Jazzfan49

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 jazz 1.5 I-mmd SR Crystal Black
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2023, 10:25:31 PM »
Yes I agree that hybrid is the way forward, I did think about a full EV but the charging infrastructure is not there yet and the range is ridiculous, my friend just bought a Vauxhall Mokka 209 miles is the best range quoted but factor in its winter plus sticking to the recommended 80% charge gives a range of 110 to 120 miles, needless to say it’s been P/X for a Kia Stonic mild hybrid at least the range anxiety will be gone even if it’s not a true hybrid  ;D

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2023, 08:45:39 AM »
Yes I agree that hybrid is the way forward, I did think about a full EV but the charging infrastructure is not there yet and the range is ridiculous, my friend just bought a Vauxhall Mokka 209 miles is the best range quoted but factor in its winter plus sticking to the recommended 80% charge gives a range of 110 to 120 miles, needless to say it’s been P/X for a Kia Stonic mild hybrid at least the range anxiety will be gone even if it’s not a true hybrid  ;D
The hybrids are really a stop-gap until EV's have a longer range as battery technology progresses. Once the battery range gets to 500+ (which it should in 4-5 years) anybody who can charge at home won't have to use commercial chargers other than for seriously long journeys and by then the charging network will be more extensive anyway. During that time more petrol stations will be closing down meaning an increase in the fuel price due to lack of competition, so it will be a no-brainer to buy an EV.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2023, 09:12:40 AM »
... anybody who can charge at home won't have to use commercial chargers other than for seriously long journeys ... it will be a no-brainer to buy an EV.

Unfortunately there is a very large number of people for whom charging at home is impractical, and the costs of commercial charging make EV ownership very expensive. Improving the availability and reliability of public charging is badly needed but won't fix the cost problem, so there is, at present, no viable solution. I'd seriously consider an EV for the sake of the planet and would even consider paying a premium to do that, but it's simply not practical (and getting worse as the number of EV sales outstrips the number of public charging points).

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2023, 10:49:43 AM »
... anybody who can charge at home won't have to use commercial chargers other than for seriously long journeys ... it will be a no-brainer to buy an EV.

Unfortunately there is a very large number of people for whom charging at home is impractical, and the costs of commercial charging make EV ownership very expensive. Improving the availability and reliability of public charging is badly needed but won't fix the cost problem, so there is, at present, no viable solution. I'd seriously consider an EV for the sake of the planet and would even consider paying a premium to do that, but it's simply not practical (and getting worse as the number of EV sales outstrips the number of public charging points).
Agreed, EV’s will be practical for all when the charging time can be reduced to minutes and the range increased to a real 400 miles +, independent of weather. So just like refuelling with diesel or petrol. However, technically we are a long way off that and the charge rate required might be beyond the laws of physics!

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2023, 01:41:27 PM »
In reality we are going to have a mix of technology- JCB now at the point of mass producing IC engines fuelled by hydrogen for tractors and the like which can’t use EV battery tech also for lorries.  Once hydrogen is produced commercially then hydrogen fuel cells wii power cars which need a “normal travelling range “ without the weight of batteries . You can buy today a Toyota hydrogen powered fuel cell car . Hybrids will improve further and I can see smaller IC engines give a bias towards economy akin to a 3 cylinder until with say 70 hp but giving 120 mpg range in a jazz sized car in a few years ?Also the EU are debating using e fuels so the Germans French and Italians keep their car industy lobbies happy . EVs will improve power density and hence range and will focus on the other end of the car range rather than ETrons weighing in at over two tonnes . VW s ID 2 seems to be a more normal price if you believe the press in recent weeks. The oil refineries in Europe &Uk have no plans to stop refining fuels in the next 30years nor will the EU countries still using coal and lignite for their power generation stop for many decades either. As global research progresses we will have better solutions for our planet as science improves on todays technology.

Tags: