Author Topic: Auto headlights turn off.  (Read 641 times)

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
Auto headlights turn off.
« on: March 05, 2023, 06:48:51 PM »
Something that has happened recently, on two separate journeys. I always have the headlights in auto mode, and have never had any complaints regarding their operation and ease of dip/high beam configuration. However, what has happened recently mid journey is the dash symbol (the headlight with an 'A' icon) has turned itself off on the dash screen leaving only the sidelights icon illuminated. The headlights are still on though, but the auto/dip has stopped working, along with the disappearing icon.
Anyone else experienced this?

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Auto headlights turn off.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 07:52:46 PM »
My experience is with the Mk3, but I think it's the same as the Mk4. The thing you refer to as the "sidelights icon" is not the sidelights, it's telling you that the lights - headlights and sidelights - are on. The thing you describe as "headlight with an A symbol" is the auto high beam system icon; if that's gone out, then that system has got turned off. The most likely cause of this is manually flashing the lights by lifting the stalk towards you. To re-enable the auto high beam, you lift the stalk towards you for several seconds and release it. It's all in the handbook.

Tags:

anything