Author Topic: Explanation of 'Drive Cycle Score/Lifetime Points'  (Read 1038 times)

Braveheart

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz SR 2023
Explanation of 'Drive Cycle Score/Lifetime Points'
« on: February 24, 2023, 01:28:09 PM »
I think I get the principle here, but there seems to be very little information describing its use in the manual for my Honda Jazz SR.

Does anybody know where I can find more detailed information - maybe an article somewhere?

Thanks!

davejazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz EX 1.5 May 22 in boring black!
Re: Explanation of 'Drive Cycle Score/Lifetime Points'
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 02:13:12 PM »
Yes, I also would like to know.

Whenever I get to my journeys end, I get a full row of green “trees”, with other green light below.

I think that you get a “starter for ten”, with one tree illuminated, if you are in ECO mode.

I drive gently most of the time, and always avoid using my brakes to slow down, which I know helps with the economy, pulling it into B , and then touching the big pedal at the end. The downside of this, is disc rust!

Great car!

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 02:14:40 PM »
The driver scoring all started in the Honda Insight back in 2010 and has been included in many models since.

Driving smoothly and preventing either harsh acceleration or braking is rewarded with not only better fuel economy, but also shown in the growth of your driving score and rewarded by a final trophy on the meter display.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2023, 02:46:09 PM »
How very quaint!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2023, 02:53:46 PM »
I've never taken any notice of it. I'm a very smooth driver anyway having held a double deck licence with standing passengers to think about. Second nature now.
Let's be careful out there !

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2023, 07:59:03 PM »
Pity you can't just turn it off.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2023, 09:48:37 PM »
I think it's nice to have some plants, some green on the screen (that rhymes!) After all, the Jazz unfortunately doesn't have windowsills to put those plants on...  ;D
If nothing goes right, go left!

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2023, 09:30:59 AM »
I'm happy to take my reward as fewer trips to the filling station.  I largely ignore the little trees. Seems overly  complicated. A simple 'hows my driving  ?'  display with a scale in red amber and green would be better for those that need it.

Or maybe an anime display with little japanese style cartoons  with 'cute' ears lined up like ducks.     Depending on taste you can set it to get  more, ,or in my case the incentive would be shooting down as many as possible.   :P
Only joking. Dont even think about doing it Honda.   There are much more important areas where you have  got european tastes completely wrong. 
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags: