Author Topic: Honda, of ALL manufacturers!  (Read 633 times)

Saucebox

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 jazz EX
Honda, of ALL manufacturers!
« on: February 01, 2023, 12:21:10 AM »
After just a fortnight of taking delivrry pI'm dismayed and was initially in disbelief that given this manufacturer's reputation for bulletproof build‐quality I'm nontheless forced to exchange the car (EX model) because, unacceptably, i detected a creaking sound in the cabin. i can't  a b i d e  such noises in a vehicle. So, my lovely white wheels are having to be replaced by dreary Battleship Grey...yuck. The fault was hard to identify so I took the decision as described. I'm pretty peeved about the whole caboodle and that's putting it politely.

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2021 Crystal Red
Re: Honda, of ALL manufacturers!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 06:16:09 AM »
I can imagine you are disappointed. But I also read that the dealer tried to find the noise, but didn’t succeed. And they are willing to swap your car for another. That’s quite a good solution!

Maybe you can try to swap it back to your white one once they had more time to sort the squeak? They will probably find it (maybe even ask another dealer); they cannot sell it to another person when it is so obvious.

I hope you enjoy your grey one. And may the trust in Honda quality come back to you!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Honda, of ALL manufacturers!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 07:50:51 AM »
One of my Xantias had a rear squeak and the only way we found it was a passenger in the back with a length of hose used like a stethoscope.

It turned out to be one of the tailgate struts that was replaced and squeak gone.
Let's be careful out there !

Tags: