Author Topic: Which extras and Luxuries are worth having.  (Read 4050 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Which extras and Luxuries are worth having.
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2022, 12:19:01 PM »
Central locking is pretty standard these days but a remote would be nice. After 6 years my wife still grabs the handle before I reach the car, being used to me having remote unlocking (my S doesn't have a remote). Electric rear windows in the rear would also be nice (again something my S doesn't have).

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2022, 12:31:13 PM »
The built in SatNav would be fine for me but living down here at the sharp end near Heathrow I definately need traffic.

Google Maps has saved me so much time by showing the loca jams, as does my backup standalone Garmin. What I like about the standalone is that it shows a bar of your whole plotted journey with yellow and red bars at appropriate places. Google Maps only shows the traffic in view.

Garmin DS61 Traffic Display :

I can see that absolutely although the traffic round our way can get very bad if there is an accident on the M6 and taffic then filters through Warrington which, in itself, can be busy.

The saving grace for me is that I can see almost instantly if the traffic is bad as the main arterial route into Warrington from the M6 is just round the corner and I know of rat runs that Joe Public is often unaware of. My tiny mileage is also a factor. I use the car about 3 times a week and don't go that far on most trips.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2022, 12:42:37 PM »
My experience of years ago, when I worked for a living, was the old TMC RDS which was all that was available. Remember the Trafficmaster Q-Busta ?

I used to leave Woking and barrel down the A320 heading towards M25 J11. TMC would tell me that the M25 was clear up to J14 or J15. No problem, then, upon entering the sliproad, too late, TMC info wrong and I'm in the jam.

I'm not surprised Honda stopped paying for TMC.

When Garmin released their digital traffic via Inrix, what a revelation. That would tell me almost exactly where the M25 jam tail was and I could take action.

The built in SatNav with no traffic takes me back to driving blind.
Let's be careful out there !

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2022, 03:05:23 PM »
I use TomTom Go on my phone and the traffic is uploaded from drivers like myself and is very accurate. If I am sitting in a queue that info is fed back and the hold up updated. The same thing goes if the traffic starts to run freely again. There are obviously a lot of TomTom users out there.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2022, 11:32:09 AM »
Must have:
Climate control
Alloy wheels
Leather steering wheel
Electric windows all round
Remote central locking
Heated mirrors
Reversing camera, at least on most modern cars
Parking sensors (ditto)
Metallic paint

Nice to have:
LED headlights
Heated steering wheel
Sat Nav
Sunroof
Leather seats
Cruise control

Rather not:
Black alloy wheels

Deal breaker:
Climate controls operated via a touchscreen

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2022, 01:42:11 PM »
Just on the alloy wheels thing - I much prefer the appearance but, over time, they can deteriorate and, even if careful, it's difficult to avoid the odd scratch. They can be difficult to clean as well.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2022, 11:14:51 AM »
Forgot to add DAB radio. Down here there are only two stations to choose from that are not BBC or Classic FM, though as I live on top of a hill I can pick up some London stations and Funky SX on my driveway.

Just on the alloy wheels thing - I much prefer the appearance but, over time, they can deteriorate and, even if careful, it's difficult to avoid the odd scratch. They can be difficult to clean as well.

I've been lucky with my alloy wheels. All but one haven't deteriotated after 15 years and 126k. The only one where the surface has started to bubble is the one that was refurbished.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 11:17:41 AM by RichardA »

Tags: