Author Topic: steering wheel  (Read 1085 times)

Travis

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 honda jazz ex
steering wheel
« on: September 27, 2022, 09:24:40 AM »
Hi  had my  new ex jazz for 3 weeks, really pleased with the car but have just noticed when the front wheels
are pointing straight ahead the steering wheel position is slightly off centre to the right. Should i have this checked out at the dealership.Many thanks.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
Re: steering wheel
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 10:36:46 AM »
Definitely.
UI had a Mitsubishi years ago with a skewed steering wheel.
I would also insist they check the steering geometry at the same time. NOT just taking the steering wheel of and back on.
We assume the car is new, not second hand? if the latter they should check the tyres for damage as well as it well have had a serious close encounter with a curb!!
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2022, 10:38:34 AM »

Definitely.
I had a brand new Mitsubishi years ago with a skewed steering wheel. Geometry was adrift
I would also insist they check the steering geometry at the same time. NOT just taking the steering wheel of and back on.
New as in NEW? Or new to you? if the latter they should check the tyres for damage as well as it well have had a serious close encounter with a curb!!
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

ndavey1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR 2020
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 10:51:15 AM »
My 70 plate also is to the right when going straight. Still the same after service.

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2022, 04:59:49 PM »
On a new car, steering wheel 'on the huh' (as they say in Suffolk) is not acceptable. You've spent a lot of money buying your car; it should be in perfect condition. Take it back and insist it gets sorted.

Also, the car should continue in a straight line when you take your hands of the wheel.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 05:04:12 PM by Neil Ives »
Neil Ives

Travis

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 honda jazz ex
Re: steering wheel update
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2022, 08:20:23 AM »
Dealer checked the tracking on my car, found to be slightly out,after adjustment steering wheel now level.
Don't know why tracking was out, didn't hit any pot holes or mount any kerbs. very strange on a 5 week old car.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2022, 11:02:33 AM »
Maybe the transport from Japan to your collection had a nudge.
Let's be careful out there !

Tags: