Author Topic: What tools are my Honda Jazz missing?  (Read 2925 times)

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
Re: What tools are my Honda Jazz missing?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2022, 09:56:23 AM »
And the foam insert for the full size spare looks like this:

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2022, 10:03:44 AM »
No such facility on the MK4, which I don't like.
Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2022, 10:15:00 AM »
Hard rubber pad is what tyre fitters and garages often use  when jacking up a variety of cars. 

On many cars  ,including the jazz,  the emergency jack  lifts the car on the sill which is a box section of quite thin metal strengthened with maybe an upright piece of heavier steel.  The emergency jack is often designed to specially lock into this lifting point .  If you use the wrong type of jack  car bodywork can bend, or the car might slip off the jack.      A hard rubber pad helps spreads the weight over a bigger area  and makes it possible to use a  different type of jack. But might take some experience to know when its safe.

But as you are new to car ownership  please be aware that even the correct jack is not entirely safe and secure. , It could slip  or collapse.   NEVER  get  under a car thats only supported by a jack.
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

2robbie2

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mark 3
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2022, 02:38:06 AM »
Hi - my 2019 came with just the emergency tyre repair kit. I'm not an expert in these things, but according to what I have read online, this should get you by in most circumstances for a very short period of time; - where this is not possible, the AA/RAC now carry multi-fit spare wheels.

Having said that, out of an abundance of caution, I decided to purchase a space saver spare wheel and Jack separately on ebay - you can pick up items in really good condition for very little money - I purchased a Honda OEM space saver spare wheel for £20 and a Honda OEM Jack kit for £20 - both were second hand, but clearly unused (the pimples were still on the tyres and the Jack & accessories in the pouch were unmarked).

Good luck.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 02:39:43 AM by 2robbie2 »

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2022, 09:35:51 AM »
Benefit of a full size spare wheel is that after replacing the broken tyre you can continue the trip without speed or distance limitations, and visit the tyre shop next week or whenever it is convenient.

Tags: