Author Topic: higher mileage purchase  (Read 1017 times)

tightfist7

• Registered Member
higher mileage purchase
« on: September 19, 2022, 09:20:32 PM »
Hi all , thanks for the accept . Looking to buy our first Jazz this week . After a 15-17 plate 1.3 I-Vtec , probably the nav version . As everyone is aware , used cars are pricey at the mo , but I've found one at a dealer that is higher mileage ( 88,000) on a 16 plate . Its £2k cheaper then similar cars with less miles .  We'll only be doing 3-4000 miles pa , so the question is would there still be plenty of life left in this car ? This will be our first petrol car in 25 years of older  diesels that run forever , and also my first Honda , so a bit unsure tbh . Thanks anyway

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: higher mileage purchase
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 11:25:06 PM »
Welcome. The Honda will run forever. One owner here had a quarter of a million miles. I bought mine 6 years ago with similar mileage and it is now just short of 150K.

tightfist7

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 07:35:03 AM »
Thanks , that's reassuring to know . We're looking at cars today, is there anything particular to check on a Jazz asides from the normal ?

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 10:15:22 AM »
Always ask for HPI check & read it yourself, check service history, view tyres do you recognise the make ,drive the Jazz for 30 mins, then bargain hard. Good hunting.

tightfist7

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 01:24:20 PM »
Thanks for the advice . Unfortunately we tried one today , wife being short of leg had normal problem of not being able to reach pedals without legs being jammed against underside of dash . Really disappointed as spent ages researching car . Never mind , may end up buying one myself when the ULEZ extends next year .

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2022, 09:41:44 AM »
Thanks for the advice . Unfortunately we tried one today , wife being short of leg had normal problem of not being able to reach pedals without legs being jammed against underside of dash . Really disappointed as spent ages researching car . Never mind , may end up buying one myself when the ULEZ extends next year .

Did you fully explore seat height adjustment   (if any)  Some cars  raise their height more readily than they lower it. Especially if the person attempting to do so is of slight build/weight.   
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags: