Author Topic: Jazz Illumination Pack  (Read 2216 times)

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: Jazz Illumination Pack
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2022, 11:02:41 AM »
...What has being rich go to do with it?
I suppose those of us without the taste to appreciate nice things  think only of their cost. I guess I am enough of a pig thats its like casting pearls before swine.   I can appreciate a pearl but would rather  spend the l  money on a fundamentally  better car, or a more luxurious pigsty and better food .  But left to me we would still be living in caves  , but I wouldnt mind a few cave paintings.    ;)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 11:37:38 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2022, 11:05:27 AM »
I also read this thread with amazement.  :o
What to spend your money £ on.... A bling illumination pack?

I found this illumination pack: For free!!! Enlightening...!!!  :D
If nothing goes right, go left!

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2022, 12:11:10 PM »
It's not the money, I just couldn't justify spending hundreds of pounds on a few lights.

Other than upgrading to a full size spare for £50, the only mod I've done to my car was £2.10 worth of ticket holder for the windscreen. Strictly speaking, it was a 2 pack, so I've only spent £1.05 on upgrades. Useful little thing it is too and £1.05 well spent!  8)

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=13063.msg98622#msg98622

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2022, 12:52:21 PM »
As a pack £875
Mine as mentioned £390  :-X

I just calculated how many miles you could drive for that "enlightening".

Let's say you pay about £1.60 per gallon.
£390 divided by £1.60 gives almost 244 gallons.
With an astimated consumption of plus minus 60 mpg you could drive more than 14500 (fourteen thousand five hundred!!!) miles  :o for the price you payed for a few LEDs.
And then we'd better not talk about the official price tag that Honda attached to those LEDs...

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2022, 01:14:23 PM »
...Think of all the extra miles you could have driven if you'd bought an ES instead of an EX  :-X

At the end of the day it was a choice....mine  :P

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2022, 01:14:58 PM »
I wouldn't pay that for a bit of fancy lighting.

My Lexus had footwell lights as standard and the only time that was useful was vacuuming the front mats in the dark garage.
Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2022, 02:11:55 PM »
As a pack £875
Mine as mentioned £390  :-X

I just calculated how many miles you could drive for that "enlightening".

Let's say you pay about £1.60 per gallon.
£390 divided by £1.60 gives almost 244 gallons.
With an astimated consumption of plus minus 60 mpg you could drive more than 14500 (fourteen thousand five hundred!!!) miles  :o for the price you payed for a few LEDs.
And then we'd better not talk about the official price tag that Honda attached to those LEDs...
Youre a bit out on your calculations.   Petrol is £1.60  a litre, not a gallon  (4.54609 litres) so its more like  3168 miles.     But point taken.

I spent extra on  an EX .  Took a bit of soul searching but in the end I  decided the extra gismos were of some use, and a bit of extra luxury  wouldn't go amiss.   I'd already committed myself to considerable extra costs by not buying a base model Dacia Sandero.   ;D  But for me  an illumination pack was not justified. (After all I'm related to a  Dark Lord, Lord Voldemort  ;))

Two other factors tipped the balance.  The EX was available for delivery in 2 weeks,  ES would have been  least 3 months.      And used car buyers  prefer top of the range models with metallic/pearl paint . I hope to get at least  some of the extra cost back when I trade in an EX rather than an ES or a Sandero.    I'm not sure that an illumination pack would add much to its trade value. I could be wrong  , they pay silly money for any used cars at the moment.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2022, 02:37:08 PM »
...Extras like this rarely add anything to the value. The only hope is that if it's between your car and someone else's then the illumination pack tips it in your favour  ;D ...Unlikely scenario that maybe though!

Mine was just bundled into the PCP monthly charge which was negotiated up and down with the additions anyway. So you never feel like you are really paying for it even though there's no such thing as a free lunch where a car dealer is concerned  :o

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2022, 02:45:22 PM »
There seems to be an assumption that you have to pay full price, there is the possibility that extras are brought up at the last stage of negotiation to clinch the deal and are part of the discount. I also wanted the side mouldings, tailgate spoiler and 15in wheels on the EX for a more comfortable ride and got a good deal because they wanted to fulfill their quota for the new plate month.

They couldn't even get the illumination pack parts while the car was ordered, so had to collect the car a week after I picked it up and deliver it back fitted same day. Perhaps a pointer as to how many of the packs they actually sell?

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2022, 03:41:06 PM »
Perhaps a pointer as to how many of the packs they actually sell?
Which way?  Lots because they have run out , or not many because they have to order it specially from Japan?

But I agree that a dealer may offer a special deal  because  rather than giving say £390 off the price of the car they can fit parts of the same value that in reality cost them less at trade price  . And fitting out a car to your own needs and tastes   makes it something special to be proud of.  .     I'm guessing no two people will ever agree on priorities.     

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2022, 03:54:29 PM »
Youre a bit out on your calculations.   Petrol is £1.60  a litre, not a gallon  (4.54609 litres) so its more like  3168 miles.     But point taken.

I spent extra on  an EX .  Took a bit of soul searching but in the end I  decided the extra gismos were of some use, and a bit of extra luxury  wouldn't go amiss.

We didn't spent extra on an EX. Our Jazz was ordered for someone who needed a loan. That loan was declined, but the Jazz EX was on its way to the dealer.
Two days later the car was at the dealer and we were invited to view the car.
White was not our favorite color, but... They offered us this car for a price well below that of the Comfort (UK: SR) and it was no problem to replace the Yokohama tires with Vredestein Quatrac all seasons. (There was no talk about an illumination pack...)  ;D

5thcivic

• Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2022, 04:21:37 PM »
I'm guessing no two people will ever agree on priorities.     

Exactly.

5thcivic

• Approved Member
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2022, 04:24:04 PM »
or not many because they have to order it specially from Japan?

I think this the more likely at those prices.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 04:26:26 PM by 5thcivic »

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2022, 04:50:54 PM »
...With the extras I ordered I just wanted mine to be different from the thousands you see every day on the road  ;) ;D

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2022, 05:09:03 PM »
...With the extras I ordered I just wanted mine to be different from the thousands you see every day on the road  ;) ;D

Ours is exclusive enough as it is.
People look back with a question mark in their eyes: What kind of (nice?) car is that?   :o

Tags:

anything