Author Topic: Autoglym Super Resin Polish - Apply all over or just Area  (Read 2427 times)

Annastesia

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.3
Autoglym Super Resin Polish - Apply all over or just Area
« on: September 13, 2022, 12:55:43 PM »
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone may have a stance on how they use Autoglym SRP.

I recently used T-Cut to iron some scratches and although it worked well, there is a patch of 'white/cloudy patterns' where I may have applied or pressed down too much. Its only noticeable in direct sunlight but it still bothers me.

I have just bought some Autoglym SRP after reading great reviews online and on clubjazz.
But would anyone apply it all over the car, or just apply it to the affected area?

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: Autoglym Super Resin Polish - Apply all over or just Area
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 02:09:42 PM »
I've got no experience of the product  or scientific basis,  but personally I would initially  just do the affected area, in an attempt to restore it to a closer match with the rest of the car.

But be careful as the cloudy area may be because T cut rubbed through to a lower coat of paint, which although similar  might have a slightly difference colour, paint hardness etc . For instance, it may be clear lacquer in some parts, but through to the basecoat colour in others.   The clear lacquer coat is quite thick and can take a fair amount of polishing out, while the basecoat  colour layer is quite thin and may rub through to a primer layer  quite quickly, even when using a less abrasive polish such as SRP

I would  do a cautious test on just a small part of the affected area  to see if It is actually improving things.  If not stop immediately before its too late.   

Also be aware you  might improve the affected area, but by doing the whole car the rest might also improve by the same amount and  there is still a difference that shows.   

A good compromise may be to do the  affected area,  then leave it to weather  , and maybe do the whole car next spring.   

Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

pebbles

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 sport
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 07:00:12 PM »
sounds like rubbing compound haze.

a good polish should sort it , I always use Autoglym SRP and then Autoglym extra gloss protection.

plenty of advice online ,

eg.  https://www.cherishyourcar.com/how-to-remove-rubbing-compound-haze/

Wilmo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.5 Sport 2018
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2022, 07:50:00 AM »
I have used SRP and then followed up with 2 coats of the AG rapid ceramic spray.
This worked well on my Milano Red TypeR Civic which is notorious for thin paint.

Annastesia

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.3
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2022, 09:39:32 AM »
Thanks everyone!

I'll use the Autoglym on the area and just use polish shine on the rest, so it doesn't look odd :)

Wilmo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.5 Sport 2018
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2022, 01:01:37 PM »
If you really want to cover it then give Turtle Wax Colour Magic a go.
I have redone my Civic with it followed by 2 coats of the rapid ceramic spray and it really pops now.

Tags:

anything