Author Topic: I think I’ve bought a new Jazz…  (Read 1536 times)

JasonH

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX
I think I’ve bought a new Jazz…
« on: August 26, 2022, 01:43:01 PM »
Hello,

I think I’ve become a new member by virtue of hopefully having bought a new Jazz Hybrid. I’ve always wanted to own a Jazz.

It’s been a good while since I’ve bought a new car and I found the whole process a bit confusing.

I think I paid a deposit (money was taken from my debit card), but I was told this would be applied to the gap insurance on the new vehicle.

The car salesperson took my phone (he did ask) and sent some text messages back and forth. I’m not sure what that was for, I got the impression it was for identity checks? I haven’t signed anything, nor been given any actual printed paperwork, nor received an email confirmation.

Just told verbally it’s been ordered for November delivery.

The purchase involves a trade in vehicle, which has been valued to take into account Novembers delivery date and I have been verbally told that the trade in price will be honoured even if the vehicle trade in price is less as of November and will still be honoured even in the event of delays to the new car delivery. Anyone had a Honda dealership renege on such a promise? Unfortunately, I don’t have this in writing.

There’s a small amount of vehicle finance involved, so as to qualify for the 5 year free servicing offer, though I haven’t received any paperwork on this either, which I thought might have arrived through the post by now, as it was a couple of weeks ago; though I was told verbally that I had been approved / passed the application. A soft credit search has shown on my credit file, but not a hard search.

Is this usual for Honda dealerships and how confident can I be of a November delivery or should I be worried?

I’ve hopefully bought a Jazz Hybrid EX model in midnight blue, though I have nothing as such to show or read to confirm this from the dealership. Maybe I am missing something?

Thought I might have been given a car production or build reference - something I could maybe track the progress thereof, but nothing as yet. Is this a reasonable expectation?

If anyone has bought a new Honda car recently or has experience of these things any advice greatly welcomed.

I guess I could contact the dealership but I don’t want to be seen or viewed as being a pain and I would like a smooth relationship with the dealership going forward and as it’s September fast approaching, I appreciate they’re probably very busy.

Many Thanks in advance for any advice and I hope to be the owner of a Honda Jazz in the near future.

Jason

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
Re: I think I’ve bought a new Jazz…
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 03:09:35 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

The Jazz is a brilliant car, you have made a wise choice.

I guess I could contact the dealership but I don’t want to be seen or viewed as being a pain and I would like a smooth relationship with the dealership going forward and as it’s September fast approaching, I appreciate they’re probably very busy.

You're the customer here, it's their job to look after you. When you buy a car, you will be given a sales invoice of some form. If you don't have this, I would call the dealership now and ask to speak to the sales manager. Probably just an oversight on their behalf, but you should have the sales process very clearly expained by them, more than once if you need. You're the customer.

The Honest John website is a good place for information.

eg https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/cheap-gap-insurance/

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 05:37:55 PM »
Hello,

I think I paid a deposit (money was taken from my debit card), but I was told this would be applied to the gap insurance on the new vehicle.

Looks like you have been sold GAP insurance by the back door!
The deposit is normally a sum on money taken by the dealer as a sign of good faith, or as part of a finance deal, and is then subtracted off the invoice total at the time of delivery. In some circumstances the trade-in vehicle is the deposit.

I would read through the HonestJohn review and decide whether you want GAP insurance or not. (I don't think I've ever had it)

I have always received some paperwork at the time of order, ie a copy of the order (showing deposit paid), a copy of the trade-in valuation  and a copy of any finance agreement.
The only paperwork to arrive some months later was details of the 5-year service plan.

I would certainly get back to dealer and insist on this, as you say at the moment, you have no proof of an order. 

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 06:49:54 PM »
Welcome to the forum, I have a hybrid Jazz and it's one of the best cars I've owned.
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2022, 05:12:57 AM »
This car purchase just doesn't sound right to me. No paperwork and gap insurance added automatically.

As posted, I'd be back at the dealer and ask to know what's what.

I've never bought or needed gap insurance but I'd never advise against just in case I'd put someone off and it was needed, but, a lot of insurance companies will replace with new within the first year of ownership .... check.
Let's be careful out there !

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2022, 07:29:28 AM »
This car purchase just doesn't sound right to me. No paperwork and gap insurance added automatically.

As posted, I'd be back at the dealer and ask to know what's what.

I've never bought or needed gap insurance but I'd never advise against just in case I'd put someone off and it was needed, but, a lot of insurance companies will replace with new within the first year of ownership .... check.

Take an 'independent' witness, salesman sounds iffy to me.

JasonH

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2022, 07:31:36 AM »
Thanks for all the replies and advice.

I shall indeed visit the dealership to clarify and see if I can get some further details in writing.

Several hundred pounds show as exiting my current account with ‘Honda’ shown as the payee. This has to be either the deposit on the car I believe I have bought, else the gap insurance for it (something I agreed to buy as part of the car purchase). Either way, monies were paid at the dealership in good faith and expectation of receiving a new car and being asked to pay the outstanding balance funded by part exchange, part cash, part finance.

Fingers crossed.

Will post back later,
Jason

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2022, 12:11:15 PM »
The other thing to investigate, if you haven't, is the included 5 year warranty, servicing and AA cover if you part finance the purchase.

Let's be careful out there !

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2022, 10:37:32 PM »
If the salesman says November then that's when they expect the next boat-load to arrive so working back that probably means that the UK batch is coming off the production line at the moment. Barring a calamity such as another Suez canal blockage then I would expect the delivery to be on schedule.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2022, 11:15:19 AM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Tags: